“Excellent location, needs a bit of care in the details...”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #225 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I spent an entire working week sleeping at The May Fair in November 2013. The hotel has a superb location: inside the May Fair area, Piccadilly Circus and Leicester sq. are at a walking distance, New Bond Street and Oxford St. as well easily reachable. As I needed to commute to Canary Wharf every day, Green Park tube station (Piccadilly, Victoria and Jubilee lines) is at 2 minutes walk. I also enjoyed the short distance to the parks (Green Park and Hyde Park) to have my morning run.
Staff is very nice, service is good. Shared areas are very nice. Rooms are big and quite nicely furnished. The only remark I could do is to have a bit more care in renewing some of the room's details: some parts and materials of furniture, even if of modern and good design, look a bit 'used'. In any case, I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your week's stay with us and thank you for your kind compliments. I will certainly take on board your additional comments and thank you for bringing this feedback to my attention.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
With my best wishes,
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,894)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Not great. Not offensive. ..... Very middle of the road. Feels like an upscale Holiday Inn. The room is small (standard room), the bathroom is very roomy. (though lacks any electrical outlets. ?!) Had a slow night, thought I'd rent a movie --- not an option. Thought I'd watch TV --- only arabic channels available. (called and had someone come to help reset the satellite/programming/whatever, still no viable (english speaking) options.
..... Could've done better; Could've done worse, I suppose. Absolutely mediocre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your review which I was most concerned to read.
I was so sorry to read your comments and would like to offer you my personal apologies for a disappointing visit.
I would be most grateful if you would kindly make contact with my Front of House Manager, Botho Stein, who can discuss your feedback in more detail with you.
Until then, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Food was very good, room was nicely furnished and there was a fantastic atmosphere! Would strongly recommend !! The lobby was busy and created a fantastic first impression.... The staff were all very friendly and happy to help which anything. It couldn't be set in a more perfect location right in the centre of London near all the prime locations!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a classy hotel located just off Piccadilly. It has a very nice bar which is quite lively at night and has a private casino attached.
I found the room spacious and clean with a very nice bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your wonderful comments.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.
With my best wishes,

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a very very nice hotel and in a great location. Comfortable rooms, very nice restaurant, a choice of bars and all in a great location. I would go back for the comfort and quality but the best bit is the excellent service. From the moment you arrive the welcome is one of the best I've experienced. Every one of the staff greet you with a smile and kind words, from the door men, to check-in, room service, restaurant and bar. It's rare that i've experienced service so good throughout a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Alan,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to read such wonderful compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Next to Berkeley square and Green Park, this hotel has a great location in the very nice Mayfair. You can easily access New Bond Street, Oxford Street and Piccadily.
The hotel itself is very big and modern. The lobby is a bit noisy in the evening as the bar and the restaurant are very busy. I had a very standard room but it was very comfortable: enough space (as for a London hotel), quiet, well equiped, nice bathroom.
The breakfast is very good, with a highly qualitative buffet. The staff is very kind and professional.

Dear Fred,
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Funky design, close to casino, amazing shopping, bars and restaurant. Very good and helpful staff but just let down by the lady in the spa section. Front desk told me sauna was free and when we got down there it was not! therefore 4 instead of 5 on the ranking

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Johan,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
However, I do apologise that you were misinformed upon arrival by our Front Desk. Our sauna and steam is indeed chargeable to guests and I am just so sorry that you were not made aware of this.
I do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair on a future occasion as we would be delighted to welcome you back soon.