“Good hotel, great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good hotel, great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Overall, this is a nice place. Rooms are a good size and beds are comfortable. I have found the service to be fine and staff to be helpful. The hotel definitely has a bit of a trendy/modern vibe to it, so depending on what you are looking for, this could be a good thing or not. Biggest benefit is the location - easy walk to many things, right near the Jubile line for the tube, lots of options as a central location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments.
Anthony Lee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were looking for quite a long time to find a hotel for my husbands 50th birthday so are happy to say we had a lovely stay at the Mayfair hotel we picked this hotel as the location was great for shops bars restaurants etc, lucky for us the hotel bar was the place to be on friday evening really buzzing and great cocktails! big thanks to Fatima the guest relations manager who made our stay even more special by looking after us so well and for the little added touches! bubbly and birthday treats in our lovely room and she made sure we had a table in a fully booked Quince restaurant, tapas foods really good and mina and all staff really nice. looking forward to our next stay at the Mayfair!

Thank you for your review.
I was so pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of his 50th Birthday! Your compliments are truly appreciated and thank you also for your comments about Fatima.
We very much hope to welcome you back again soon.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The hotel was very busy on our arrival, but we were still met with a smile at check in and our room was available earlier than we expected. We stayed on the 8th floor with a room of the courtyard, the room looked recently refurbished, very clean and a reasonable size... much better than a lot of other hotels we'd staying in, in central London. We were woken at 4 am by a fight that had broken out in the hallway, which was annoying to say the least, but this isn't the hotels fault, though the hotel is a bit of a party zone! The bar and restaurant were both excellent, we dined there early evening when it was quieter. All in all I would most definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor
Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and thank you so much for your kind compliments. I was sorry to hear about the disturbance you experience and please do accept my personal apologies for this.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a sublime experience at the May-Fair hotel, I was treated with a welcoming spirit and a lovely building, the rooms where clean and the staff were dressed immaculately and ready to help, it was my first trip here and I was a little worried it would be two much for me and my partner but I was made to feel very welcome. I was technically there for business but my partner flew in with me, we met the guest relations manager ‘Miss Ipek Kalkavan’ who helped me keep my partner busy with lots of facts and support in London, which kept my lady happy for her stay wile I had to work. She was a great help and she maybe embraced I wrote this but the staff as a whole where 5 star especially Miss Kalkavan! Thank you very much, we both look forward in seeing you in April

Room Tip: always take advice from Trip advisor and always from the hotel staff! they no it all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear how much you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your kind compliments about Ipek.
We look forward to welcoming you back in April and until then, I send you my warmest wishes.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at The May Fair Hotel for one night only, but were very disappointed by the service the staff gave us. The taxi door was opened for us, but no welcome and we were not offered hjelp with our bags. No smiles and welcomes in the reception, and when leaving the next day with bags in both hands, there where again no help offered, and he got the door banging into his bags by the bellboy. The room was ok, but not more. The bathroom floor was freezing cold, but the bathroom itself was spacious. Avoid breakfast in the winter, or bring an extra sweather.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet with your expectations and the service you have described is totally unrepresentative of the service we strive to achieve here at The May Fair.
I will certainly follow up your comments and would like to take this opportunity of offering you my personal apologies for a disappointing visit.
I do hope you will return to The May Fair so you can experience the Hotel as one should.
With my best wishes,
LONDON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I walked into the May Fair on Friday and I guess I should have know as soon as the smiling door man opened the door and ushered me in with a 'Welcome to the May Fair' greeting that I was in for a treat.
Even before I reached the Reception desk, a luggage porter had already approached us to ask if he could ease us of our luggage while we checked in (nice touch as there is nothing more cumbersome as waiting to check in and struggling with luggage)
Our room was delicious, huge bath tub, walk in shower and a yummy soft bed were enough to allow me to finally exhale, it had been a long week and I just needed to de-stress.
The bars were amazing, tried both, The May Fair Bar is more trendy and buzzing, the Quince is perfect for a chat and pre- dinner drinks, but the jewel in the crown was the fabulous Cigar bar, I love love love this, its outside yet inside, fabulous.
Staff members were friendly and not intrusive, and the atmosphere all through was amazing. I did not want to check out. I will definitely be going back, its a fabulous property and prime location just walking distance from Bond Street.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with the giant tub its Awesome!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind review.
I was absolutely delighted to read your comments and your compliments are a pleasure to read. I was so pleased that you loved our new addition, the Cigar Room!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Super hotel, very chic and bustling with a descent gym, prompt room service and an American plug right in the room. Great location. The bar you have to make a reservation at cause it gets crazy. Very near various tue stations, very large and bright bathroom and courteous staff.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments are truly appreciated.