“Shakespeare Lives!”

$46.76*
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Tour with Thames River Cruise in London
Ranked #35 of 1,718 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded by the pioneering American actor and director Sam Wanamaker, Shakespeare's Globe is a unique international resource dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work and the playhouse for which he wrote, through the connected means of performance and education.Together, the Globe Theatre Company, Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Globe Education seek to further the experience and international understanding of Shakespeare in performance.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A wonderful experience for any Shakespeare fan. The theatre makes you feel that you have gone back hundreds of years in time and the actors were amazing. Even the young school children sitting near me were enthralled (and well primed I think). It was definately money well spent but my balcony seat had to be booked very much in advance. However audience who don't mind standing can do so for only about 5 pounds without booking so far ahead or perhaps at all. It may not have been so much fun in the rain as the roof is authentically open. Loved it, especially my personal wave from Oberon as he lay under his open trapdoor!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Try to get tickets to watch a play. If you can't manage, still worth a visit just to look at the reconstructed building .

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Been to The Globe e few times (Much Ado, Taming of the Shrew). Both productions top notch and very funny. The Globe is an experience in its self. A brilliant reproduction of the original theatre. The outdoor market stores selling food and drink are great fun. One tip... If you have seats invest in a cushion which you can hire for a quid or two.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Bought my mum a voucher for Christmas present and we went today. A fantastic trip to suit all ages we were 50,80 and 16 and we all loved it. Our tour was totally made by our tour guide Canice Bannon...... Try and get him if you can! thoroughly entertaining, knowledgeable and I had mascara running down my cheeks from laughing. Watch out for him too it will not be long before he is a household name! Amazing history and amazing building, would recommend to anyone. We will do to Sam Wanamkaer playhouse next time.

1  Thank MummaG64
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I really hadn't planned on taking the globe tour. But it was raining and the building was so pretty i had to go inside. I enjoyed the tour. I've always loved Shakespeare and enjoyed the listening to the tour guide. I learned alot from the tour.