Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $22.40
from $42.10
from $42.10
6,216 results
All reviews shakespeare play standing tickets sam wanamaker midsummer night's dream romeo and juliet twelfth night king lear shakespeare fans standing area guided tour millennium bridge unique experience three hours south bank front row london pass performance
Reviewed today

I was given a trip around Globe as a birthday present,and although the voucher I received expired before I had a chance to use it, the tour office staff were very thoughtful in extending it for me.
The cost of the tour includes entry into the excellent museum and tours run every half an hour. It is worth check8ng before you go as on some days and at certain times of the year, tours are run on a restricted basis.
Our tour was led by a very interesting and well informed guide who really made the history of the theatre come alive.
The tour last about 50 minutes and although the cost is £17.50, it was well worth it.
The theatre is partly open to the elements, but even though it was raining, that didn’t detract at all from the pleasure of a close up look at the Globe.

Reviewed yesterday

always included in londopass ....but i was never convinced till this time. and ...wow!!! probably without the guide (i don' remember his name and i am really sorry about it, he is a producer working there) the visit for me was not the same. he took me into the world of theathre, shakespeare's world....stories in a funny way , one hour in a world completely new for me....and he probably make me wanna see a real play as soon as i can...thanks to the man with the hat....

1  Thank albe972
Reviewed yesterday

We decided to visit the Globe as we had an afternoon to kill in London and i'd never been there.
Let me tell you that walking in to this place was so magical. Like stepping back in time.
The tour guide provided an entertaining and well planned out talk about the Globe, and i have to say that it made me want to go there to watch a production.
My son, who is not the greatest Shakespeare enthusiast, didn't complain during the tour so it must have been good!

Reviewed 2 days ago

Long anticipated visit in late afternoon, the tour was enjoyable and led by a very knowledgeable guide telling the fascinating history of the Globe. A must do for anybody slightly interested in Shakespeare or theatre. There were some students practicing their acting skills on the stage at the time which added to the experience.

Reviewed 2 days ago

what a great tour,very interesting,full of information. tour guide was excellent,.the place was amazing,look to see a play there soon .thank you Jeremy for your fantastic input

1  Thank 301timo
Reviewed 2 days ago

I’ve often walked past the Globe and thought to myself, ‘I must go there sometime’ and yesterday was that time. Treated to a tour by friends, we were both educated and entertained by our guide Matt, who brought not only Shakespeare, but 16th Century London to life. This is not just a statistics and facts tour (although there were plenty of them), but an inspirational insight into the theatre in the days of the Bard.

Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Watched a wonderful performance of "Emilia" on a cool, rainy evening in August. It was a delight sitting on a rented cushion, wrapped in a rented blanket while sipping hot chocolate and tea.

Reviewed 3 days ago

This was very poor. Basically a tour involves a visit to a rather wordy exhibition and then another wordy visit to the Globe, ie you get taken into the Globe, sat down and then given a talk about theatre in Shakespeare's day and anyone asking questions is told 'please don't ask any questions until the end'. Only when you get to the end which is in the gift shop there is no opportunity for questions, just a polite round of applause. Save your money folks, google 'theatre in Shakespeare's day' for a general background into 16th century theatre and then buy a £5 standing ticket, go in as soon as they open the doors and take the whole thing in for a fraction of the tour ticket price.

Reviewed 3 days ago

We came over here from London Tower on the water bus, which in and of itself is pretty cool. The Globe has a museum underneath talking about plays back in Shakespeare's day and the guided tour. Both are worth the money, our guide was excellent and we got to go up to the top floors and down in front of the stage. I learned a lot and rather enjoyed it. Its definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We were visiting the Tate Modern in London and saw that the Globe was presenting Shakespeare's "As You Like It". We rushed to the box office and were told that we could have five pound tickets if we were willing to stand through the performance. Our legs were pretty tired by that time so we opted for the expensive seats. It was worth it.... a brilliant performance. Although the seats were hard (as they would have been in Shakespeare's day) cushions were available for rent. The whole experience was unforgettable!