“Great section of London”
Review of Mayfair

$60.53*
Private Tour: Traditional Black Cab Tour of London’s Christmas Lights
Ranked #304 of 1,718 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Western London district of Mayfair is an elegant residential and commercial section of Westminster.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a wonder little apartment here, just around the corner of Spepards Market - fun little restaurants. The location is ideal for exploring London.

1  Thank Annecyborn

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Discovered this gem a few years ago and cant stop going back. Very friendly staff and unique decor. After a busy day of meetings in the city a perfect place to return to rest.

Sophie Williams and the whole team there are very professional and helpful. I surely recommend!!!

1  Thank Chris A
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great breakfast buffet and really friendly staff. Concierge mailed back a ton of items to the US for me so I could lighten my load for the remainder of my Europe trip. I had 2 maids- the day maid was awesome & sweet...the night maid entered while the do not disturb was on and took some of my money from my toiletry bag-leaving the rest as if I wouldn't notice. The hotel investigated and I filed a police report (they billed me for the police calling my room) nothing came of it as the hotel claimed the maid was a long time trusted employee & it was implied that I somehow misplaced the $-which I never do....it wasn't a lot of $ but the principle. In the end, I guess she needed it more than me. I would have left a tip otherwise but in lue of what occurred, I opted out.

Upon arrival, the cotton swabs had someone else's ear wax on it, we notified front desk immediately and they were appalled as I was, took care of it immediately & gave breakfast as compensation which was appreciated. Overall, really nice place, decent spa ( they were renovating which was not relaxing) but good staff, room service was good but I'd pass on the restaurant other than the breakfast buffet if included.

Beautiful neighborhood-close to the tube & Harrods :)

1  Thank briannareviews702
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Mayfair is over rated unless you have tons of cash, its worth going down to see the place but keep going as there are far better places right on the door step.

1  Thank DevonJohnson
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Elegant without question. Beautiful British architecture and the original homes of privilege ( tied with Belgravia, I'm sure). All these gorgeous London neighborhoods for the wealthy have their own character. Mayfair is discreet and mostly residential, but there are high end boutiques, Caridges, The Connaught and the American Embassy on one of the nicest squares. Park Lane is studded with the Dorchester and the Four Seasons and Hyde Park is right across the way. Up towards Oxford street, you can find some less fancy and somewhat awful restaurants. But Mayfair has Gordon Ramsey at Claridge's and Scott's. A true British neighborhood

1  Thank MillicentNewYork