“Best hotel in London by miles”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #38 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed here in a suite last month for one night with my wife.

The hotel itself is the ultimate in luxury and quality service. This is my second time staying here and having experienced other high end hotels in London like The Dorchester, Connaught, Sanderon etc I rate The Savoy as a cut above all of these. It truly is a real 5* hotel.

The suite itself was roomy with all the usual extras you would expect from the Savoy (nice toiletries, high end finishes, roll top bath) and was very quiet too. We had an excellent nights sleep.

If you ever get the chance to stay here you must take it. I'll be back here when the occasion calls, or the budget affords!

Top Class.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying at The Savoy, especially as you have been able to experience such prestigious London establishments. I look forward to sharing your review with the team and hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for The Savoy

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our stay here was a wonderful experience., from our own personal Concierge to the beautiful, elegant room in which we stayed. The dining room staff were excellent. In fact ALL the staff we encountered, were perfect. Our room was elegant, spotlessly clean & very quiet. The bedding was superb. The mattress & pillow were out of this world and it was the best nights sleep we had had in a long time. We would thoroughly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Thames
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the visit and appreciate your recommendation. Many thanks for your feedback with regards to the team here, I look forward to sharing your feedback with them and hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The Savoy is an outstanding hotel. What differentiated it from other hotels was the high service to guest ratio employed. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were well informed and helpful. The room was large.

Yes, it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments. Service is very much at the heart of The Savoy and it’s wonderful to hear that this has not gone unnoticed. I look forward to sharing your feedback with the team and hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our fourth visit, third since the refurbishment. The Savoy never fails us. The absolutely excellent staff in all areas are what this hotel is about as well as the superb furnishings. We were up graded and had a fantastic room. Loved the new toiletries, used to be Miller Harris. But that's everywhere now. Our meal in Kaspers in the evening was lovely. We both left feeling very full. My sticky toffee pudding was just too tempting when I saw that on the menu, and I just had to have it. Just can't describe how lovely it was. Had a great nights sleep. . . I always tell people it is like sleeping on a cloud at this hotel. Everything about The Savoy is first class. Do not hesitate in coming here to stay, you will not be disappointed. . British hospitality at its finest.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barnabasbabe

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy The Savoy as a returning guest. It’s great to hear that you appreciated the upgrade and our new Le Labo amenities, which have been carefully selected for their natural ingredients. Many thanks for your comments with regards to Kaspar’s, which I look forward to sharing with the team. It is always nice to hear that a guest has had a restful night’s sleep. Many thanks for your recommendation and I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The best hotel in London. There is little more to say than that. I have tried the newer trendy hotels and there is literally no comparison. Only issue is that the price of a room seems to fluctuate wildly.

1  Thank marcusbuffle

Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy The Savoy as a returning guest.
Our rates vary depending on seasonality and availability, however I would urge you to visit our website where there are some great packages on offer.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and I have to say that it was one of the best night sleep that we have ever had, it was really lovely and the staff really helpful, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly, congratulations and I am delighted to hear that you celebrated your anniversary at The Savoy. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are already planning a return visit. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

From the moment of arrival we were made to feel very welcome and special. Hotel is in the heart of London and within walking distance of most of the West End theatres and many of the famous landmarks. Our room was very comfortable,clean and spacious. We loved every minute of our stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are very proud of our location and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed theatreland district and the many attractions on our doorstep.
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.