“Stunning modern take on timeless grand hotel elegance”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #37 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Shropshire, UK
“Stunning modern take on timeless grand hotel elegance”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for the first time for two nights as we had a party at The Dorchester but couldn’t get a room there… we were not disappointed. I have never stayed in such a beautiful, elegant hotel.

We arrived by cab and were immediately made to feel welcome by the charming ‘cockney’ door men... real London characters they are! We had a standard room but were given a lovely partial river view room (328) with a superb view of Waterloo Bridge, Southbank and the Thames. Our room was in the Edwardian part (there are two styles of rooms – Edwardian and Art Deco). The room has lovely quaint touches, like photo frames by the bed with some of the famous people who have stayed at the hotel.

We loved the stunning black and gold Beaufort Bar and every time we visited, the bar staff knew our names and drinks order…fabulous! The hotel, renovated at a cost of over £100m reopened in 2010 and has a very high quality, elegant design that feels both timeless but brand new throughout.

We thoroughly enjoyed the jazz singer in the Beaufort Bar who rounded off our Saturday night beautifully.

We even treated ourselves to a ride in the Savoy Rolls (the one perma-parked outside – the one with the reg S8 VOY on it) to take us to the party at The Dorchester… everyone looked and we felt like film stars – just fab and worth the £185 cost.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pmsnowdon
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed The Savoy experience, and indeed what better way to top that off than a trip in The Savoy Rolls Royce! I look forward to sharing your review with the team and hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Kiaran MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (904)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my sister for a joint birthday celebration. This is an amazing hotel, the staff were extremely attentive, friendly and made you feel so welcome. Dinner and breakfast were amazing; the American Bar serves a vast array of cocktails and has a lovely atmosphere. A truly wonderful experience which I'd definitely recommend. Did not want to leave and cannot wait to go back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read that you chose The Savoy to celebrate such a special occasion.
Thank you for your kind words with regards to our dining outlets and American Bar, this is feedback which I will be delighted to share with the team. It’s always a good sign when a guest does not want to leave, and I do hope to welcome you back soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has it all, great location, friendly staff, great bar and facilities. Of course, you are paying through the nose so there should be expectations. I particularly like the classic bathrooms, properly fitted and updated, lots of space.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I was very fortunate to arrange and attend a long service lunch ceremony hosted by the Savoy on 15th Nov 13.

21 colleagues and I (including board members) enjoyed a 3 course private dining experience with drinks.

On arrival we had pre lunch drinks in the American bar, which were lovely. The service was good especially as the bar was quite busy and we were a large party.

We made our way over to the Gondolier's room at 13:30 to begin lunch. The room was very nicely arranged and definitely got the wow factored I was specifically looking for.

Our starters arrived promptly and as promised (I had sent over a pre order to make things easier.)

The mains and desserts were served 15 minutes after the

Everybodies plates arrived hot and as ordered. The food was incredible, full of flavour, beautifully presented.

The only thing that let the day down slightly was the dedicated servers went missing twice, and on both occasions I had to enquire with another member of staff when they would be back.

All in all a very enjoyable and indulgent lunch!

• Stayed November 2013
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to experience private dining at The Savoy. It’s wonderful to hear that you all enjoyed some pre-lunch drinks at the American Bar, and I thank you for taking the time to mention the level of service experienced here. It was also heartening to read your comments with regards to the food. The kitchen team, led by Executive Chef, James Pare, work extremely hard to deliver word class cuisine and they will be pleased to hear efforts were appreciated. Thank you for your comment with regards to the service issue experienced during your lunch. Please rest assured we have taken your feedback on board, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I spent my first week in London there and I ubsolutely loved it..Its decorations fits me and I felt really cozy..Extremely clean and well situated..Excellent room service and friendly people..I didn't adore the food but it is still a lovely hotel for me...

Room Tip: top floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at our iconic hotel. Whilst I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, it is a shame to hear the food was not to your taste.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at the Savoy last week as a treat to myself as I live in London but have always wanted to stay here. I can definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to experience superb service in a beautiful hotel. Check in was done in my room - after receiving a free upgrade to the King Deluxe category which was a nice surprise. I was impressed by the bathroom amenities, they even include a travel sized bottle of mouthwash and bath salts which I took advantage of. The bathroom was amazing I have to say (I do like a nice bathroom in a hotel!) with a nice big bath and separate shower. I liked that on the turndown service they left a bottle of water and also refilled the amenities. Checkout was flawless. The bill was left under my door and I just called reception to confirm the details and left.

I didn't use any of the restaurants but did meet a friend for a drink in the American Bar which was a lovely experience. Great cocktails and a complimentary large bowl of mixed nuts was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

It felt a bit intimidating at first when we pulled up outside the doors,but the door men were very down to earth and put us at ease.
The staff inside made you feel very special and so caring.the hotel is beautiful ,our room was luxurious . The bedding was perfect,the bathroom was fantastic.
Lovely pool area. Would love to stay again.
We only had one problem when our daughter burnt her hand on the breakfast plate.
However this was soon corrected and the staff were very attentive. They even gave her a cuddly toy cat from the savoy shop to make her feel better. The whole experience was fantastic .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read that our team made you feel welcome upon arrival, after all The Savoy should be like a home from home to all our guests. I was also pleased to hear that the team were able to create some wonderful memories for your family, despite the unfortunate incident during breakfast.

I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team and hopefully welcoming you back soon.