“Corporate private dining experience - Gondolier's room”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #38 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London
“Corporate private dining experience - Gondolier's room”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I was very fortunate to arrange and attend a long service lunch ceremony hosted by the Savoy on 15th Nov 13.

21 colleagues and I (including board members) enjoyed a 3 course private dining experience with drinks.

On arrival we had pre lunch drinks in the American bar, which were lovely. The service was good especially as the bar was quite busy and we were a large party.

We made our way over to the Gondolier's room at 13:30 to begin lunch. The room was very nicely arranged and definitely got the wow factored I was specifically looking for.

Our starters arrived promptly and as promised (I had sent over a pre order to make things easier.)

The mains and desserts were served 15 minutes after the

Everybodies plates arrived hot and as ordered. The food was incredible, full of flavour, beautifully presented.

The only thing that let the day down slightly was the dedicated servers went missing twice, and on both occasions I had to enquire with another member of staff when they would be back.

All in all a very enjoyable and indulgent lunch!

• Stayed November 2013
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to experience private dining at The Savoy. It’s wonderful to hear that you all enjoyed some pre-lunch drinks at the American Bar, and I thank you for taking the time to mention the level of service experienced here. It was also heartening to read your comments with regards to the food. The kitchen team, led by Executive Chef, James Pare, work extremely hard to deliver word class cuisine and they will be pleased to hear efforts were appreciated. Thank you for your comment with regards to the service issue experienced during your lunch. Please rest assured we have taken your feedback on board, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kiaran MacDonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (903)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I spent my first week in London there and I ubsolutely loved it..Its decorations fits me and I felt really cozy..Extremely clean and well situated..Excellent room service and friendly people..I didn't adore the food but it is still a lovely hotel for me...

Room Tip: top floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at our iconic hotel. Whilst I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us, it is a shame to hear the food was not to your taste.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at the Savoy last week as a treat to myself as I live in London but have always wanted to stay here. I can definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to experience superb service in a beautiful hotel. Check in was done in my room - after receiving a free upgrade to the King Deluxe category which was a nice surprise. I was impressed by the bathroom amenities, they even include a travel sized bottle of mouthwash and bath salts which I took advantage of. The bathroom was amazing I have to say (I do like a nice bathroom in a hotel!) with a nice big bath and separate shower. I liked that on the turndown service they left a bottle of water and also refilled the amenities. Checkout was flawless. The bill was left under my door and I just called reception to confirm the details and left.

I didn't use any of the restaurants but did meet a friend for a drink in the American Bar which was a lovely experience. Great cocktails and a complimentary large bowl of mixed nuts was a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

It felt a bit intimidating at first when we pulled up outside the doors,but the door men were very down to earth and put us at ease.
The staff inside made you feel very special and so caring.the hotel is beautiful ,our room was luxurious . The bedding was perfect,the bathroom was fantastic.
Lovely pool area. Would love to stay again.
We only had one problem when our daughter burnt her hand on the breakfast plate.
However this was soon corrected and the staff were very attentive. They even gave her a cuddly toy cat from the savoy shop to make her feel better. The whole experience was fantastic .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read that our team made you feel welcome upon arrival, after all The Savoy should be like a home from home to all our guests. I was also pleased to hear that the team were able to create some wonderful memories for your family, despite the unfortunate incident during breakfast.

I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team and hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My husband and I just enjoyed a truly great and most importantly fun stay at The Savoy. The service was wonderful and the room sublime-possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. My favourite part was undoubtedly the bathroom, I could have spent a whole vacation in the wonderfully equipped room and adore the surround sound, you can lounge in a bubble bath listening to relaxing music, marvelling at some great interior design. We visited The American Bar for superb cocktails (they're pretty strong), Kaspers Restaurant for dinner and Beaumont Bar for a night cap or two too (no wonder it was fun!). The hotel is not cheap obviously, but it is quite simply lovely. I would however avoid the mini bar in your room £5 for a packet of crisps seems a tad excessive. We are already planning a return visit! One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I loved our Edwardian themed room-my husband was however slightly alarmed to have a picture of Hugh...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Our room was perfect, surgically clean, everything immaculate and so comfortable. The staff were courteous and unobtrusively friendly and the hotel was an absolute joy to spend time in. The only disappointment was the breakfast which was very mediocre and totally forgettable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel is iconic, it's well deservedly world renowned. The service is excellent, rooms have a very high attention to details. This is the forth time I've stayed and will no doubt return.

The only issue that we had was although we were not late checking out, twice housekeeping came and knocked on the door to see if we were still there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such kind words following your recent stay at The Savoy. It is heartening to read that you continue to enjoy our iconic hotel and service we provide as a returning guest. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issue you experienced, and rest assured that we have taken your comments on board.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.