“Excellent in Every Way”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #38 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last week for one night and were upgraded to a suite on the fourth floor overlooking the Thames. We had stayed here before when it had first re-opened in the Frank Sinatra suite and thought that was good but this was even better.
It was a superb experience and if I could afford £1,700.00 per night, I would, without doubt, stay here, in this room, every time I had to overnight in London!
So comfortable was the suite, we elected to stay in all night and enjoy the surroundings - We did, after all have an early flight the next morning.
Room service dinner was excellent, as was breakfast, served by our own butler.
I could not fault the experience from check-in to check-out.
Staff are polite and extremely helpful, room and fittings of the highest quality, beds extremely comfortable.
It was truly like staying in some rich person's house while they were away!!
Surely the best hotel in London?

There are newer reviews for The Savoy

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Birthday treat this Hotel delivers everything you would expect and more
The cocktail bar was one of the best experiences of my life ( Charlie the waiter was wonderful)
Couldn't have asked for anything more

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Its not my first time in London.However I am new to The Savoy, and what a lovely stay it was. I stayed in an art deco suite in the courtyard and it was just so luxurious. My check in was seamless. I was escorted straight to my room with no fuss.

Breakfast service was just as seamless and what a beautiful room to dine in.

what I would particularly like to point out was the young flower boy who I spoke to in the lobby. We spoke about my love of orchids which he had a stem wrapped and sent to my room. Not only that. I passed him in the corridor later that day. the same young man was next to the lift and asked if I was going up or down, he called the lift for me and when I arrived the lift was there. Now thats what I call service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Was there 16 years ago and loved the splendor but the newly refurbed Savoy has lost none of the charm and exclusivity while shining in its newly outfitted glory!! The staff are wonderful, the decor befittingly grand and the whole experience is exactly what you expect of a grand old dame like "the Savoy". Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We spent the night here as we was seeing a show at the Adelphi just across the road. It was our anniversary and we had a gorgeous cake left in our room upon our arrival. Everything was perfect, super friendly staff, gorgeous room and a fab view of the Thames, especially at night I got some impressive pictures. Normally I do not sleep to well in a new bed but I did not wake up once during the night, it was so comfy. Would definately go again :-)

Room Tip: We was in Fred Astaire's room and loved it
Reviewed May 14, 2013

A weekend at The Savoy-what more could a mother ask for as a special birthday present? My biggest fear was that as we didn't fit into the usual demograph of Savoy customers we would feel uncomfortable-not so at all.Our son who is a frequent business traveler used his "points" for our weekend -it gave him the opportunity to assess the hotel for his business too.We were welcomed personally and check in was smooth. Shown up to our adjoining rooms-first hiccup only one child bed but that was easily remedied-the children were each given a toy cat-nice touch.. The rooms are lovely- warm and spotless of course with loads of fluffy towels and interesting toiletries-the bathrooms were huge! There isn't time to list all the ways in which the concierge service helped us-they were amazing directing us to perfectly acceptable eating places nearby, booking tickets and generally making sure that we wanted for nothing. Also amazing was the service-I had to do a double take when I saw a man in a tail coat making the morning tea-he was the butler. A small birthday treat had been arranged but when it didn't materialise the apology included a bottle of champagne! I don't suppose I'll ever stay there again but what I would say is if you do get the chance to go don't be intimidated-go for it. Well done all at The Savoy-a reputation very well deserved-now where's that lottery ticket!

Room Tip: Junior suites include a butler!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

From the moment you arrive the staff make you feel very special and valued. We were greeted by the charming and professional Frederick who was aware we had stayed before and that it was my wife's birthday. He personally showed us to our room and checked us in without fuss and our bags were delivered within minutes.
Lunch at the Savoy Grill was excellent and we noted how relaxed and accomadating the staff were to families with children which created a lovely relaxed but attentive atmosphere. We were welcome latter into the American bar by a very friendly hostess who organised our shopping bags to be whisked off to our room whilst we enjoyed fantastic coctails and a buzzy atmosphere. room was beautiful and bathroom stylish with fantastic shower. We loved the quality Loew plasma TV, and room service was super efficient and we were very touched by the very thoughtful birthday cake for my wife's Birthday.
The highlight was the breakfast which was one of the finest we have ever had in the most beautiful setting served in the Atrium, welcomed by the amazing Jesica who was warm friendly and a credit to the management. The service and food was exceptional and special mention to the lovely waitress Jade who had only started a few days before and was super attentive and friendly.
This is a world class hotel with world class staff, who are a credit to the management...keep up the great work and thank you all for a very special stay.We will be back very soon!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are special