“They made us feel special as soon as we arrived”
Review of Claridge's

Claridge's
Ranked #44 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 26, 2009

Let's make one thing clear. We felt that the staff at Claridges didn't just do a great job - they seem to thrive on making sure that you feel special and important.

it was all the little touches - the smoothness and efficiency, the staff, the atmosphere.

The rooms could do with some redecorating and sprucing up. The furniture is stunning but the cracks in the paint and the slightly shabby carpets did spoil it a bit. However, we loved the history and feel in the room

The spa was fantastic! I want to go back again, even though its only been a week. The skin caviar treatment was a treat. Looking forward to them opening the new spa and fitness centre

We're definitely going back to stay whenever we need to overnight in London!

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank kenwenStAlbans
Write a ReviewReviews (1,882)

Reviewed December 25, 2009

I have stayed at other 5 start hotels in London and know they are expensive but this was certainly the worst value for money I think I have ever had. Room was small (but bathroom was nice and large), canopy bed was annoying and the walls and doors painted with old style country murals was dated, they advertise a DVD player in the room which didn't exist. I got in from NA flight at noon and the room was not ready, told me to go have some breakfast and it would be ready shortly, an hour later it wasn't and was told it would be at least another half an hour, they said they would phone my cell when it was ready, never got a call so went shopping and returned late in the pm. Told I was upgraded in room but the room itself was very small, its a fancy hotel with medium quality service. THEY CHARGE A 5% SERVICE CHARGE on top of a 450 pound room charge. Only stayed there because conference was there, wouldn't do it again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank VACATION836
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Lovely staff on the front desk and in the restaurant but the room was small and very tired looking.

We booked a package where it included breakfast, champagne in the room and a 4pm checkout. We had to checkout at 12pm, the champagne was sent up later, the breakfast was considerably smaller than other diners (whom I presume had paid for the breakfast separately) - I also had to remind them about the toast and pastries as these were not forthcoming. Dreadful small uncomfortable bed. Moody barman in the fumoir bar (couldnt breathe in the Claridges main bar as far too packed!!!!). Heard other patrons being told that they could not sit at 4 of the tables in aforementioned bar as they were reserved for pre-dinner drinks for people eating in the Ramsay restauarant (even though it was more than half empty). Everything looks much smaller and shabbier than their photos on the website.

Very dissapointed especially as battled for over 7 hours to get to London for trip (as terrible snow made journey nearly impossible) - Dorchester next time!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ILovePS
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Stayed with the missus and kids for one night in a two bedroom suite on the 6th floor - you have to have stayed in a few Central London hotels to appreciate the size of rooms on offer. Spacious bedrooms, lavish sitting room and huge bathrooms - beautiful art deco furnishings, very comfortable beds. Difficult to fault.

Like a lot of city hotels, 'public' areas are very limited so there aren't really any resident sitting rooms in which you can just lounge and read the papers - as a 5* hotel you could argue that they shouldn't really be renting out every sq inch to a table on which they can sell food but my experience is that its the same in every City with these land mark hotels. They want to cater for the tourist looking for afternoon tea in 'Claridges' so this is just how it is.

I liked the location and all staff were freindly and helpful - ok you're dipping your toe into a different world of celeb's, oligarchs and other luminaries who use this hotel so its a bit of fun and worth the price tag just to pretend for a bit that you belong there.

Having said all that nothing about the stay makes me yearn to return so my guess is that there are plenty of other 5* hotels in London that I'll investigate before making a final judgement.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ITTS
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I have stayed at the hotel before and liked it. On this trip I had back to back meeting in London/Paris /Zurich British Air cancelled my flight to London and there were no other flights into London that day, so the MTG in LON was CXL. Since I was within 48hours, the hotel charged me for the one night. Even though it was not my fault for CXL the hotel room. Sorry that is the hotel policy is was told.Great hotel just not for the Business traveler and FYI to the leisure traveler have trip insurance incase of trip delays that are not your fault. This hotel does not care. about a 850.00USD loss

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank TrvalingVIP
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We stayed at Claridges for a night as we were eating at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant. We booked the Sunday night special offer of £289 including a bottle of champagne and breakfast. On arrival our room was not ready but we were given a free glass of champagne in the bar and also an upgraded room.

The room we were given was gorgeous. Large, spotlessly clean and a fantastic marble bathroom although the bath plug was impossible to remove. On arrival in the room there was the champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries and a small box of chocolates. I ate one of the strawberries and one of the chocolates before we went out exploring. On our return we were quite surprised to fin the rest of the chocolates and strawberries had been removed - clearly we hadn't paid for these in our £289 rate! A little petty to my mind but then with strawberries at breakfast costing over £10 I suppose they can't afford to be giving them away!

We had a good nights sleep although this is perhaps the hottest hotel in the World! Even with the air con on the room was still very hot.

Breakfast was the highlight of the stay. Delicious pastries, quality cooked breakfast and freshly squeezed juices, tea and coffee. Be warned though if your breakfast is not included you are looking at £9.50 for two eggs.

The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful and can't be faulted.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank bevldavies
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Stayed overnight with a friend and truly the best service and staff in the world. If you love art deco, then Claridges is the place to be as it is gorgeous! Their timeless weekend offer is fantastic value.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends