“Fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Claridge's
Ranked #49 of 1,087 Hotels in London
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have stayed at Claridge's a few times, both business and pleasure and have never been disappointed. The staff are really friendly and helpful and yes it is expensive but you certainly get what you pay for. I booked it for my parents birthday and my sisters 21st and we were upgraded to a suite free. The staff did everything possible to make it a special weekend and I genuinely can't pick fault unlike some of the other "top" London hotels, if you want something very special, I don't think you can beat Claridge's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear "LAX74",

We really appreciate your support and it was an added pleasure to be able to also welcome your parents and your sister on such a very special celebratory occasion.

Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've just returned from a weekend at Claridges with my husband. Wow - where do I even begin? Our whole weekend was absolutely faultless and every aspect of the hotel, the service and the experience completely exceeded our expectations. From the seamless valet parking, to the service at check-in, spa treatments we had, lunch and service in the bar... everything was spectacular. We were also accommodated for afternoon tea, even though it was late notice and this was an experience in itself - very relaxing, with beautiful surroundings and exquisite food. Every member of staff we can into contact with remembered our names, the bar staff that served us for lunch remembered us later when we returned to the bar on the evening and did everything they could to accommodate us onto a table as quickly as possible, despite the bar being really busy. Our room (deluxe king) was beautiful; traditional and classic with a beautiful marble bathroom and one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and the service again was immaculate. My husband and I regularly stay in five star hotels and have experienced some amazing service... but Claridges topped it all. My only regret was that I didn't book for two nights as one night almost wasn't long enough... we will definitely be returning to Claridges again - I can't wait until that time!

Dear "Kate J",

I was so pleased to learn how much you and your husband enjoyed your visit and to know that we can look forward to welcoming you back.

With my good wishes and those of all the team.

Hinckley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Great service from all areas of this hotel. Staff members not content to give anything but their very best.
Comfortable and very clean bedroom.
Amazing afternoon tea including best scones ever.
Perfect location for shopping.
Management congratulations, you have a really well motivated work force who are a credit to the hotel.

Dear "TG911",

On behalf of each and every member of the team - thank you for your wonderful review.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Spent 5 nights over the new year period. From the doorman to check in service was A1. Suites and rooms are spacious and have every amenity you would require. Bathrooms are very stylish. Breakfasts were served in the Foyer and were first class. Breakfasts have a wide selection to choose from and all the hot food is cooked to order and the service again was A1.

The hotel is well located not far from Oxford Street so getting around London is easy.

You know you are at a special hotel when they have a lift person and even a seat in the lift !

Special mention to Jennifer the Concierge Manager who sorted out numerous bookings for us.

Also I must mention Miguel from management who took a great deal of time to ensure our stay was memorable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floors have very high ceilings giving a spacious feel. I would request...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear "xcelr8",

Miguel and Jennifer say hello and they join me in thanking you for your great review.

We all hope to see you again soon but, in the meantime, we wish you happy travels.

Hemel Hempstead, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Have stayed at Claridges a number of times before. The hotel is wonderful. It's kind of stuck in a time warp, but doesn't feel too aged; and even at times (in the room) where you think - maybe it could do with a freshen up and a bit of carpentry doing - (the wardrobes must hail back to the early 1900's - even though they are built in) you can forgive the place.

The bath is the deepest bath I think I have ever been in. You actually have to step DOWN into it. The water pressure brilliant and the toiletries great. I REALLY like it when hotels provide mouth wash as I regularly forget mine when I stay in hotels.

No (free) wifi which I think is ridiculous. I tried to log-on, but the computer asked me to phone down to reception for a code.

The bed is massive and very comfortable. The room I was in (6th floor) was very large, and I think the TV remote control struggled to get the TV to turn channels because of the distance. Talking of which, the TV was too small for the room.

Even though I mentioned the wardrobe, there is plenty of storage space.

When I came back to the room after dinner, the slippers provided (all part of the turn down service) were incredibly comfortable. The maid had also provided a little fruit basket which was lovely.

I was in an internal facing room, so curtains had netting, no views.

I had forgotten my phone charger, and left my phone with the concierge over night and when I went down in the morning, I didn't have to ask for my phone, the staff knew what I wanted and obviously recognised me from the night before - lovely touch.

My bag and I were personally escorted to my room by a lovely staff member who chatted all the time (I could easily have carried the bag myself and I am clever enough to get in a lift and find my room). Talking of getting in the lift; it is manned. You mention which floor and someone presses the button for you. Opulence!!!!

Didn't stay for breakfast as I had a meeting so couldn't comment on the food.

The hotel has a wonderful lobby - well worth going for a drink and relaxing and people watching. As for location, I don't think you can top it. 3 minutes walk to Oxford Street, right in the middle of Mayfair; 3 minutes walk to Berkeley Square, 5 minutes walk to Bond Street.

Lovely hotel. All-round great experience.

Room Tip: Try to get an outside room so you have a better view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear "SubaruDriver",

Thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

May I please mention that we do offer complimentary WiFi and I am sorry if you were not advised of this when you were escorted to your room when you arrived.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Quite simply this hotel oozes utter class from the moment the doorman welcomes you. The interior is a step into a bygone era of exuberance, where the staff make you feel very welcome and just that little bit special.

My room was excellent, spotlessly clean and very nicely furnished, with a very comfortable bed.

So, one tiny little gripe - upon being shown to our room we were offered complimentary champagne which would have been a lovely touch if it actually had arrived! 40 minutes later and I had to call and remind them, only for it to turn up some twenty minutes later. A bit annoying but the overall experience was so grand it really didn't matter that much.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear “Mike J”,

Thank you for your great review and I hope you can forgive us for the delay in your being able to enjoy your champagne.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for a 'big birthday'. We supposedly upgraded to a deluxe king which was a fairly soulless room . We ordered room service … far too expensive but i suppose to be expected in this sort of hotel. We were very tired after a party at lunch time. We were asleep by 10.30 to be awoken by the room shaking to a base beat from the ball room below . After complaining we were given a suite leaving half our clothes in the room a man came and helped us into this cold room. The bed was not turned down and we couldn't shut the curtains they were too heavy we were left to do all this ourselves. By this stage all we wanted to do was go to sleep. My husband had bought me some lovely flowers all left in the other room what a waste. In the morning he went to get some clothes from the other room to find the key didn't work and had the indignity of standing in the corridor in his pyjamas . This all ruined my birthday despite the discount we were given and the taxi ride back in the morning . Surely someone knew a rock band was going to be playing in the ball room that night. I am very sad for my husband who had tried to plan something lovely only to be ruined by the hotel The bill was too much and was not given to us online despite asking twice when it did come they charged us too much.
A hotel of this calibre should not put people through this experience especially when they knew it was a special occasion.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
20 Thank Salcombetraveller
Dear “Salcombetraveller”,

This does not sound at all ideal or what you would expect for a 60th Birthday celebration. I know that we are liaising separately but I did not want to miss the opportunity to acknowledge your review and to say how sorry we are that you experienced some unfortunate glitches during your stay.