“one of the best in London”
Review of Claridge's

Claridge's
Ranked #45 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Seattle
“one of the best in London”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Claridge's is a wonderful hotel. We would definitely stay there again. The services were very good in the main dining room as well as in the bar. Food is very good as well. Door men, housekeeping, reception, all very very good. Our room is the Mayfair suite (511/512) - well appointed, spacious, bed is very comfortable and I'm looking for the same sheets that the hotel uses. Two problems - one small and the second is really up to the individual to decide the degree of severity. The cushions on the sofas in the living should probably be changed because they kind of lumpy and saggy. This is the small issue. The second one was that the room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke. Previous guests must have smoked in this non smoking room. We did find a rather large ash tray with matches on the desk in the living room. For a non-smoking room, these two items really should not be provided. Is it a non- smoking room or a smoking room? I'm confused. Tea time was very good - it is rather filling - sandwiches, scones and sweets. Quite filling - you can probably skip dinner after having tea here. I liked the work out room - pretty well equipped and clean.

Room Tip: 511/512 is a corner suite - called the Mayfair Suite. There are other Mayfair suites but I'm no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hpmarge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Nottingham
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Claridges for one night to celebrate a special birthday and it was outstanding from start to finish. The room was beautiful, very authentically Art Deco style but with all the modern touches one could want. The bathroom was wonderful, with a TV on the wall of the bath and plenty of toiletries, large fluffy towells, bathrobes and slippers. iPod docking station, hair drier etc all provided and plenty of clothes hangers. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Afternoon tea was superb and plentiful-definitely goid value. Breakfast was delicious with an amazing choice. Both bars are lovely- the Fumoir was especially wonderful after dinner - dark,cosy and intimate. The staff and service level provided are what you would expect of a hotel of this standing and the little touches - a handwritten card to greet you from the manager, a birthday greeting iced onto a mini cake in your room-really made it perfect.

• Stayed August 2013
Luxembourg
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband treated me to a night in Claridges on our way back from my 30th birthday trip to Las Vegas and from start to finish, it was so amazing that I had to keep pinching myself to make sure I wasn't asleep and just dreaming about my stay there! Ever since I had watched the Inside Claridges programme on BBC2, I had my heart set on visiting and my high expectations were matched - and then some! Check-in was smooth and professional and a lovely lady escorted us to our room, which was exactly as I had imagined it would be - old-school decor (which I love), giant bed with the most comfy pillows, huge marble bathroom with gorgeous toiletries and a nice view of the bustling street below. The hotel had provided a special birthday dessert and two glasses of champagne for us and this treat was waiting for us when we got to our room. We had a delightful welcome note from Michael (even though I was a little bit disappointed that it wasn't from Thomas, the utterly charming GM) and indeed, every member of staff that we met during our stay treated us like we were royalty. We are already planning our next visit and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A family member booked my husband and me into Claridges for a special birthday treat. It was magnificent. The staff are absolutely splendid, so well trained, skilled, friendly but never obsequious. The comfortable well designed room overlooked the main street with a glimpse of the GPO tower against the blue sky. Breakfast was delicious excellent scrambled eggs, well, it was all amazing. Nothing seemed too much trouble. I know it is very expensive and we could not have afforded to stay there but for a gift, however, there are similar establishments that are as pricey but do not offer the standards of Claridges.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Southeast USA
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Someone famous once said when he died he didn't want to go to heaven, he wanted to go to Claridge's. I understand that feeling now. I stayed for one Sunday night at a value price. My room had everything one could desire, but was not opulent. (The bath and especially the towels were, though!) What sets Claridge's apart from other so-called five star hotels is the level of service. Every staff member with whom I interacted seemed genuinely pleased that I was there. I had afternoon tea and that was a lovely experience. I also left a list of shopping items that I would like to take home, but ran out of time to obtain. The concierges have done it and already emailed me a receipt. My items will be picked up when I swing through London again on my way home. In a word, my experience at Claridge's was flawless, and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel very highly.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The only way to describe this hotel is 'out of this world', from the time you pull up outside to checking out it is pure luxury. The staff are all very friendly, the food is excellent, the atmosphere is the bar is amazing. Well worth the extra money to stay.Nothing it too much trouble. The rooms are very, very nice, and the bed is extremely comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at Clardige's numerous times over the last several years. The staff is great from the front desk to the excellent bar. While I have not had the experience of a suite, other rooms are very large, top beds and bathrooms, and the varied room designs make the stay always unique. A tour of the many varied suites will make you want to stay in one! Looking forward to my next visit this Sept.. Check out the Inside Claridges video, 3 parts, to see the amazing things this hotel can do.

Room Tip: Go for suite if you want to splurge for a special visit. All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo