“Wonderful!”

and up
The Original London Sightseeing Tour: Hop-on Hop-off
Ranked #58 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated west of Kensington Gardens, this city park is particularly attractive in the spring when tulips are in full bloom, and in summer when performances are staged at the open-air theater.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love cherry trees and I heard Holland Park had cherry trees. So to celebrate spring (little though we had of it) I headed there to see the famous Kyoto Garden and see the park in-general. It was wonderful! Not just the Kyoto Garden but the whole of the park, including the mural building, the peacocks, everything was great!

Only thing that mildly annoyed me was that the cafe was quite small and quite crowded. So it wasn't pleasant waiting in-line but once I had my hot chocolate and ice cream, I was able to find a nice seat outside and really enjoy the park. I highly recommend a visit with friend and family or just lone with a camera.

2  Thank Tinnic

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love Holland Park, for me a local park where I can escape but I also love to take visitors there. It is a large area of woodland but also has a nice children's playground with equipment for younger and older children and this has been redesigned so both are together, there is also a toddler playground near the back, an open air theatre, a decent cafe although a little pricey, a top class restaurant, tennis courts, a Rose Garden, a beautiful area of symmetrical flower beds and seating and th Japanese Gardens which have had a recent revamp, a natural wildlife area. I feel so privileged to live so close to this wonderful park

1  Thank CathieO3
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I live just round the corner from this park - and visit very often, of course. About a third of the park is woodland - with paths winding through wooded areas - but unobtrusive fences stop you from entering the woods themselves. There are some very atteactive formal gardens - the most notable, perhaps, being the Japanese garden - with enormous Koi carp in the pool - and sometimes a (real) Heron staring at them. Holland House itself was sadly partly destroyed by a bomb during WW II, but part still remains and is a youth hostel. The bombed out shell is, during the summer, turned into an Opera venue (a very large canopy is erected and hundreds of seats installed. The old central forecourt of the house becomes the stage. The performances are professional, high quality, not cheap and get sold-out very quickly.

1  Thank RobfromKensington
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Holland Park .The area is one of the most expensive places to live but Holland Park with its trees and greenery and sitting areas and lake is a great oasis to spend some time ..Take a coffe or afternoon tea or have lunch or dinner..

2  Thank filmex
Reviewed March 20, 2013

All I will say is what is there not to like about Holland Park Get you self down there and find out for yourself.