“Very clean, comfortable budget hotel in excellent location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ridgemount Hotel

Ridgemount Hotel
Ranked #140 of 1,070 Hotels in London
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Very clean, comfortable budget hotel in excellent location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom while attending a conference locally.

The room was small and basic as I would expect for £52 but it was spotlessly clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was immediately adjacent to my room which was convenient and it too was very clean.

The tv and hair drier were both in good working order.

In the morning I had the cooked breakfast which consisted of 2 rashers if bacon, 1 sausage and 1 egg. I was offered toast and cereals which I declined. I enjoyed a pot of coffee and a glass of orange juice. The waitress service was excellent; polite, friendly and efficient.

Check out was quick and efficient and I was offered advice on how to get to my destination.

I was very impressed and would happily stay here again. You could not possibly expect more from such a low cost hotel in Central London.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Myles1980

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was my first experience with a "European" hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful - even though I arrived several hours before check-in. My room was on the top floor - which was over 50 stairs up (not advisable for those with mobility issues) The room was clean and tiny... A twin bed, chair TV and small desk and closet and ensuite bath with shower....perfect for a single person. TV was small but had lost of channels and WiFi was fantastic. The breakfast was okay, but not really to my picky standards but the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The lounge has free coffee and tea, 2 computers to use and a drink machine. The property is close to shops and restaurants and close to 2 tube stations and buses just out side the door. The staff allowed me to keep my luggage in the lounge on my last day so I didn't have to lug it around all day - Very nice touch!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank travel_daddie
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed for a week with my wife on our first trip to London. We loved the hospitality as everyone was so helpful and friendly. Upon arrival we were given some recommendations for how to get around and where to best find restaurants for the evening. The hotel is well located with buses 14 and 24 running from out the front and taking you right into the heart of London. Alternatively it was only a short walk to Goodge Street station which is on the Northern Line and links well to other lines on the Tube.
The room was very small and with no air conditioning the room would be very stuffy, even with the window left open. Our biggest issue was our bed was quite uncomfortable and the mattress was obviously quite old. Luckily we were so busy during the day that we were so tired by night time. The hotel offers free WiFi that was easily accessible from our room or alternatively there are two desktop computers in the beautiful lounge area.
We also took advantage of their breakfast service which is run by their friendly staff. Its a typical English breakfast with cereal, eggs, sausage, bacon, tomato and toast on offer. This is a great option for anyone looking for a well located hotel in London for under 100 pounds a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Josh F
Wollongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Ridgemount Hotel near Russell Square was a perfect choice for our four days in London, at the end of a five week walking adventure through UK. As it is a small, family run hotel, the owners are welcoming, accommodating and friendly, with advice on train/bus travel, directions, and hands-on help at any time. As our plane did not leave till 10pm, they minded our bags all day, even offered the use of a shower before we started on our long journey home.
The staff serving breakfast were lovely. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was clean, fresh towels each day with a good sized bathroom.
The location was fabulous, with a bus right across the road, 3 tube stations handy, pubs and cafes a few steps away.
The guest lounge is well appointed, with two computers for guests' use, free tea and coffee machines, and a TV, books, magazines.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting value-for-money, clean, friendly accommodation right in the heart of London.

Room Tip: We had a back room, which was quiet and a good size
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Liz023
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

stayed here for a birthday weekend in london . we were greeted well ,given lots of good information,had a lovely clean warm room,proper bathroom,fresh towels and well made beds,good breakfast in morning,staff and owners lovely,location was superb close to good traditional pubs and many places to eat. walking distance to the wonderful british museum,3 tube stations close by. great day spent in camden.Thank-You for a lovely stay will be back again sometime xx

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Nice small hotel in a good location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Every morning at breakfast the owner offers his personal advice for your daily plans. It might be weather related, local restaurant or bus/train service. They go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. The women serving breakfast were very quick and attentive serving an enjoyable and filling English breakfast. Small rooms but great value!

• Stayed September 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While our room was very tiny, it was very clean and the hotel staff was great. I did not have the correct converter and they generously supplied me with one during our stay. I had also forgotten shampoo and they let me borrow some :) The staff was very helpful and friendly.

We found the location to be very convienent as it is near a bus stop for a bus that will take you almost everywhere you need to go. The neighborhood of the hotel is also nice.

The only negative thing I could say is that we found the breakfast to be pretty lackluster...I stuck with the toast and cereal.

The price and location are great...I would recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple