“Little Gem”

and 1 more site!
Crescent Hotel
Ranked #533 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Small Hotel that punches above its weight. Located in a leafy crescent, beside a small park in Bloomsbury and only minutes away, on foot, from St Pancras International, Kings Cross and Euston stations. Surrounded by good pubs & eateries. Clean and well run, this privately owned hotel offers comfortable, affordable and clean. A good breakfast in a pleasant breakfast room sets you up (and saves money) for the day. The reception staff are lovely and provide a pleasant & helpful service. I almost hesitate to recommend this hotel so highly as it's always my first choice when visiting London and I'd rather keep it to myself. But that wouldn't be fair.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quiet - not so much those at the front. The rooms have no A/C...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Much better than nearby hotels in the same class.

Breakfast and breakfast staff were very good. Rooms are not most up to date but well looked after, clean and tidy. Shared bathrooms were tidy clean and plenty of space.

Reception staff were very gruff for no reason.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pinkyfeet
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Very central location, nice neighbourhood that felt safe, also at night

Moderately clean: towels, pillows and teacups in my room were stained, but were promptly replaced. Shared bathrooms were clean.

All single rooms are facing the street and located at the top floor of the building. It's good to know when booking that the building's isolation against heat and noise are not up to today's standards.

Although it's a quiet area, I found a lot of sound coming in from the street (cars passing, people talking, tennis playing in the park), as well as the usual sounds from other guests closing doors and moving around on the corridors.

The doors to the rooms are old wooden ones with cracks through which the lights from the corridors shines through at the edges. This means that the room will not be dark at night, as the light couldn't be switched off due to safety precautions.

I imagine the room will get rather hot in summer time, as it was already palpable that the temperature was increasing. Also, smell of English breakfast is overwhelming in the morning.

Breakfast itself is alright. Friendly staff. Hotel seems to attract polite guests.

Room Tip: All single rooms are facing the street and located at the top floor of the building. It's good t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Iemand I
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This was a great base for us as we were visiting different areas of London and not too far away from anywhere. Convenient for Euston. Quiet area. Clean hotel, friendly staff who were very helpful. Breakfast was lovely, especially the poached eggs. Will stay here again. Extremely comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Great family hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were in London for four nights: two adults and a 9-year-old. We needed family lodging and wanted to save money…meaning we wanted to be close to transportation but NOT in the city center. We also don't see our hotel as anything more than a place to safely keep our things and sleep.

We really lucked out here. The Crescent is located near THREE train stations, all an easy walk. It is also very near the British Museum, the Charles Dickens Museum, the British Library and a great (there's a ZIP LINE!) playground. There are also several tasty and very reasonably priced restaurants and pubs within blocks.

The hotel was nice: clean and comfortable. We had a room with three beds on the back side of the hotel, so there was no noise from outside. The guests were also quiet, but the building is old, so there is always a certain level of noise when people are coming or going. Nothing a decent pair of earplugs didn't solve. There is also breakfast included, and there was MORE than enough food in the full English breakfast offered. The wifi was adequate. And the staff was friendly and helpful.

We had en-suite full bath. But I will mention that all of the shared bathrooms were VERY clean and updated. There is no lift and there is also no air conditioning. Neither of these were an issue for us, but it is worth mentioning. Housekeeping was outstanding…each day we came home to our son's stuffed bear in a new pose.

Room Tip: We had en-suite full bath. But I will mention that all of the shared bathrooms were VERY clean and u...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I chose the hotel because of its price and proximity to St.Pancras station (less than 10m walk). I was happy with my stay there, it is very central and an easy walk to public transportation and attractions like the British Museum. The staff is very helpful. There is a computer and printer available for guests, which is useful, in addition to wifi (spotty at times). Breakfast is a standard English breakfast, which was good. The architecture and design were charming, felt very much like I was in Britain, not like a lot of modern hotels where you could be anywhere. On the downside, it was old-fashioned in other regards, too. There is no elevator, only stairs, and they get quite narrow, which is a concern if you have limited mobility or a lot of luggage. The rooms were clean, but they could be refreshed. I had a sink in my room with separate spigots for hot and cold water, which I hadn't seen in years. It was fine, but if you're used to modern hotels it can be a bit of a surprise. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel is great for travelers who want easy access to central London. I could easily take the tube from Russell Square and walk to the British Museum. The neighborhood is full of cute cafés and restaurants. Breakfast is included in your reservation, which helped me stick to my travel budget. You could serve yourself cereal and juice or order hot breakfast items from the friendly staff. I highly recommend the Crescent Hotel to all travelers!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo