“Welcome Retreat from Busy Crowd”
Review of Crescent Hotel

Crescent Hotel
Ranked #546 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having had a bad experience whilst staying in London for a course before, I was only mildly optimistic that the hotel would be as nice as the website described. It was better... I booked a single ensuite with shared toilet but I actually had my own toilet (luxury) My room was right at the top of the house, a bit of a climb but well worth it. The room was lovely, spotlessly clean, spacious and quiet, with plenty of useful information in the Hotel guide brochure. Staff were pleasant, cheerful and helpful. Had I had to share toilet/shower I don't think this would have been a problem as I took a peep at those rooms, and they were wonderfully clean and lovely. The hotel is set in a pleasant quiet crescent near the Brunswick Centre in Bloomsbury (- a great little place for healthy food and all relaxed shopping) Bed was really comfortable and I slept really well. Breakfast was amazing for me (a vegetarian who does not want the full English) three varieties of fruit (prunes, apricots, grapefruit) with plain yoghurt and cereals. I chose porridge, which was one of the best porridges I had ever had at a B & B! Pleasant small dining room... really I loved it.. Oh t.v. too (the last place I stayed at didn't have that luxury!!) Thank you - I hope to be back on my next visit to the Institute of Education... and I have already passed on this address to fellow course participants!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CornwallDancer11

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I had a single with shared bath. My room was plenty big for one. Only thing I missed was no nightstand to put my glasses and alarm clock on at night. I never saw anyone else in the bathroom. Everything was spotlessly clean! There was one just toilet room and right next door a toilet and shower room. The breakfast was good and the waitress had the nicest smile and sunny disposition - I saw her deal with English, Spanish and French speakers. Location was great - you can get there from Heathrow on the Picadilly line with no transfers and a very short walk. It's a short walk to Euston Train Station. I walked everywhere - British Museum is very close, I easily walked to St Paul's, National Gallery etc. Tesco and Waitrose stores nearby. It's across fron a park which gives you some welcome green. London is noisy - if you are a light sleeper consider earplugs!

Room Tip: I had a single on an upper floor - which meant I could have window open which I enjoyed. Also it wa...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Right near Russell Square and the British Museum. Also near train stations and Metro. Grocery and restaurants in the area. Friendly helpful staff. Breakfast were typical British fare but cereal and fruit as well. Rates were probably market.
Would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We found staff at your hotel friendly and welcoming. It was a bonus to be able to leave our luggage for a few hours after check out.
Bedroom and bathroom were clean if decor a little tired. Hairdryer in room would have been useful although one was available from reception.
We slept well in our basement room, after we became used to the trains rumbling underneath!
The room was small but perfect for our needs - room for the night after returning from Paris.
Breakfast could have been of better quality but staff helpful and hard working.
Thank you.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013. I have been to this hotel before.
It is very close to Kings Cross and St Pancreas, in a reasonable quiet area.
They have a reception room with a working computer, which is free to use, along with lots of information about the area and things to do and places to eat. There is also free wifi in the room.
I stayed in a single room (no 21) with shared bathroom facilities.
They were some complimentary toiletries, coffee and a selection of teas and a hot chocolate in the room.
Room was comfortable and clean, small, but quite comparable with other single rooms in the area. It includes a sink, desk, wardrobe and TV.
Breakfast - includes a cooked breakfast. I am a veggi, so I had a poached egg with toast, mushrooms and beans. Disappointed with the mushrooms as they were tinned. Beans tasted like budget beans. Other options include porridge, cereals and fruit.
Staff were friendly and polite.
Left luggage at the hotel with no extra to pay.
All in all, I paid a little more than other budget hotels near Kings Cross, but with that I get complementary toiletries and hot chocolate, and the bathroom facilities were clean and in good condition.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel is in a great position for St Pancras and KingsCross which was our main reason for selecting it. Our room was ok,clean with a comfortable bed. The shower curtain in the small bathroom was not long enough so water tended to come out on the bathroom floor which proved awkward as there was no stool to put your clothes on. The breakfast was adequate but my husband felt the quality of the bacon was poor and the mushrooms tinned. The poached eggs were hard and the toast arrived well before the eggs! I was also disappointed that the porridge counted as the cooked part of the breakfast which meant that I couldn't have it as my cereal followed by an egg. The serving staff were very helpful though and the coffee was good.Personally I would rather have paid a little more for a better breakfast and not been left with the feeling that everything was on a strict budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank judyh84
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were on the top floor, good double sized bedroom, ensuite very small. Final flight is very steep and narrow. Poor sleep due to noisy very late arrivals, unlucky I suppose, but our room was near the staircase so being woken up at 2.30 in the morning and listening to drunken conversations not the best way to spend the night. Breakfast OK, scranbled egg good, left luggage during the day after checking out very useful. Brunswick Centre nearby and Russells Court Underground. Plenty of coffee shops, bars and restaurents nearby. We also had fire alarm go off just after breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family