“Good clean hotel”

Ranked #539 of 1,063 Hotels in London
West Linn
“Good clean hotel”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our family stayed here for 3 nights. We had an en-suite triple room (double bed and twin). It was a narrow flight of stairs. The room was very clean and reasonably priced for London. We were a 5 minute walk to Russell Square tube station and 10 minutes to Kings Cross. It was a little loud on our side of the hotel, which faced the street - but not bad. For the price, and the breakfast - would defintely stay here again. I gave it four stars because the amenities are not 5 star at all - the towels are small and thin, the pillows are thin - but for London and the price - this is a great place

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main front street
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had a single room with shower and sink, toilets down the hall. It was a small room, as I'd expected, but I've seen smaller. It was fine. To reach the toilets I had to go through two fire doors, but at least they were on the same floor. The bed was comfortable, and there was a great feature: a light switch right next to the bed that turned on/off the room light and the reading light. Perfect for someone who enjoys reading in bed! There was a nice variety of tea bags on the tea tray (not just black tea). A fan in the room was great for blocking out whatever noise there was out in the street. Breakfast was very good. Wifi wasn't free,but cost only 6 pounds for my stay, a reasonable price, and it worked quite well. There's also a computer in the lobby on the ground floor for guests to use so if you don't want to pay for wifi you can still have computer access.

Really the only reason I gave this hotel four stars instead of five was because of the long climb up to my room on the top floor (and the lack of a railing the final few winding stairs before reaching the summit.) Because of those stairs I was glad I was only there two nights.

Room Tip: There will be stairs no matter what (if you can't climb stairs at all, don't stay here) but...
Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank gelana_99
New York City
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Was a good location near King's Cross underground station, where I caught trains for trips outside of London. The place is clean , the breakfast is good , but watch the stairs if your room is on the upper floor ! There is no elevator, so I had to carry my suitcase up 3 long flights of stairs (my room was on the last floor ) , which hurt my back ! The water pressure out of the shower was also to me not good. Otherwise a good price for a London hotel , in such a expensive city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank doxiegirllover
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed 7 nights in May 2012,twin front room,excellent beds,2d floor,in-room tea/coffee/hot chocolate,excellent beds,no traffic noise,HD TV,shower,very clean.Lounge area had free computer; printer had paper fee.Full English breakfast,choice of lean bacon or sausages;juice,cereal.toast choice.Walk to St.Pancras/Eurostar;British Library or Museum;Covent Garden.Key bus lines & Piccadilly tube nearby.Laundromat,bookstores,markets,dining one block.University hospital if urgent medical.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook garden crescent with tennis court.Rear rooms overlook small yard.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank henrylew9
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We loved the Crescent Hotel! My sister and I have been visiting London together for ten years now, and this was our first stay at the Crescent. We've stayed at numerous B&B's in the Bloomsbury area, and this rates among the best. The two most important factors, for us at least, are the beds and the breakfast. The beds were by far the most comfortable we've ever had; and the breakfast was also great. I appreciated the fact that they used real eggs for their scrambled eggs (numerous hotels use "egg beaters" type products). The staff here was very friendly and helpful; we were surprised that our suitcases were carried upstairs for us, which was a first for us! As far as location, it's perfectly located in a (somewhat) quiet area, a mixture of students, B&B's and locals. Russell Square tube is very close, as is Kings Cross. It's walking distance to the British Museum and the British Library. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No elevator; Bring earplugs if you can - street noise at night can be high.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Grundsu
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel is very well located near King's Cross. We stayed for a long week-end april 2012 and had a bedroom for 4 people. The beds are very comfortable, the cleaning of the room is okey and the included breakfast is nice. Really good value for the price. Good service. Wifi not working so good and not free but it works. I warmly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Italy
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at Crescent for 7 nights in April 2012 and had a triple room with bathroom on the top floor. There's no lift in the hotel, as pointed out by other reviewers before me, but we didn't mind as we were out all day sightseeing and so didn't need to climb the stairs a lot during the day. The final flight of stairs to the third floor is rather steep, though. On a plus side, upon arrival the guy at reception very kindly offered to help us carry our luggage to our room.
Our room was clean and tidy, with a bigger-than-average bathroom for London standards. The shower was also a nice comfortable size.
Breakfast was fine, English breakfast is included in the price of the room.
The hotel is also very conveniently located for tube/buses and also close to St Pancras rail station. Very quite neighbourhood at night.
There's a computer available in the lounge for guest use free of charge, which was nice, especially if you want to print your boarding pass before travelling or such.
On the whole a lovely B&B, and good value for London standars. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family