“Loved the Lichetenstein exhibit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tate Modern

Ranked #85 of 1,595 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: International modern and contemporary art.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loved the Lichetenstein exhibit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

With the construction going on, it was a little hard to find our way to the entrance of the museum, but we did enjoy our visit. The Lichtenstein exhibit was wonderful.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Baltimore, MD
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Nice collection - watch out for the fees”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place is free admission, although there is a ticket price for special exhibits. But be careful because once you're inside they seem to want to charge you for everything. I normally try to give the donation to museums but in this case I was glad I didn't. There was a 15 pound charge to see the Lichtenstein exhibit, which was fine, but then they wanted an extra 4 pounds for the audio tour of the same exhibit? By contrast, the Bowie exhibit at the V&A also charged 15 pounds but included the audio tour with the ticket price. The Lichtenstein exhibit also happened to have a class trip of very young children running through it on the day I visited and they were not exactly quiet or well behaved, which wouldn't have bothered me so much if I hadn't paid about 19 pounds to be there at all. Don't understand why the kids couldn't have seen the exhibit at a time when the public weren't in there, or perhaps the noisy kids could have explored the "free" part of the museum instead.

The clerks in the museum shops were also all over the map - some very good but then another one who threw my credit card receipt in the bin instead of giving it to me?! Apart from the Lichtenstein, saw quite a bit of interesting modern art in the general collection, and there is a wonderful view of London from the public museum balcony, so if you have a camera you should check that out.

The Tate Modern seems to be under major construction right now with the goal of making it bigger/ better/ presenting more art. At this point, while still an enjoyable experience, it seems to have a lot of empty spaces that I hope in the future will contain art.

I also recommend that you walk over the Millennium Bridge that connects the museum with St. Paul's area, either before or after you visit. It's a very nice walk with lots of photo opps in good weather.

Visited April 2013
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
113 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Not for me!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

After visiting the London Museum across the fantastic bridge - the Millennium I think it is called, I came to this one and realised I am just not into the modern weird and wonderful. Was not impressed. In fact I felt like I was in the story book "Emperors new clothes" you know when everyone is like 'oh' and 'ah' and then one little boy calls out 'but he has no clothes on' and then everyone is like 'oh he is right'. While I realise that this museum is fantastic for some it is just not for me. I could not get out of there quick enough.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank nzwestie
Centerville, Ohio
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Power plant to Museum worth seeing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This museum used to be an old power plant that has been converted to a modern art museum. There is a wide variety of modern art paintings and exhibits to see. some are excellent and some just make you say is this art?! There are so many things here that everyone can find things to like. Definitely worth spending a couple of hours or so exploring things here.

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Tate Modern Lichtenstein”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very nice exhibition.
Lots of not too expensive books to buy.
I enjoyed the pictures and understood them. Not over modern.
Why does he not sign the pictures?
I am surprised that what may be comic book strip pictures become famous. Good for him.
Some good food places nearby.

Visited May 2013