“A Tad Expensive!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spiazzo - CLOSED

Spiazzo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Colne, United Kingdom
“A Tad Expensive!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

Visited on a Saturday evening for a family dinner and the place was almost empty, maybe a sign that it is not the most popular place in Crouch End!
The restaurant has the feel of an American Diner with a row of double padded bench seats around the table adjacent to large glass windows and the area was dimly lit.
The Menu contained all the typical items for an Italian Restaurant, Starters, Pastas, Carnes, etc.
The food when served was reasonable and portion size was not an issue. A good selection of wines and beers are available, but I felt for the price paid overall, there are better options in Crouch End.

• Visited January 2014

Timaru, New Zealand
“Dissapointing Spiazzo”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My partner and I went to this resturant last weekend for a special meal and we were sorry we chose this place .Both the waitress and the cashier were off hand, impatient and unfriendly
We were shown to a tiny poorly lit table , although it was the middle of the day I could hardly see my meal. No one offered to take our coats or show us a place to hang them, as we unbundled and there was no where to put them around the table. My partners meal was so salty it was almost inediable. We complained to the waitress but she rebuffed us saying there was nothing wrong with it. I expected at least a replacement meal or for the complaint to be taken seriously. We will never go back

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

enjoyed a very good lunch today at spiazzo. service from very friendly staff, coupled with good food.would recommend to friends and family.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalling!! Do not go there”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

After going for a swim, I went with my little one for some lunch.
I was truly appalled at the abominable behaviour of the manager who's rudeness boarded on the abusive. He shouted at me in front of all the customers when I desperately tried to pay after waiting ages due to my baby needing to.
The food was disgusting - microwaved pasta with some boiled vegetables. It represented something similar to a quick supper at home on a Monday night when I can't be bothered to cook.
If you like decent food or decent service you will fail miserably to find either here! There are loads of other great places in Crouch End where the food is good and the service excellent.
To sum up, one if the worst restaurant experiences of our lives!

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Tasty Italian food with good service and mediocre ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I very much enjoyed the food at Spiazzo, although I felt that the ambiance reflected something much more down-market than the prices otherwise indicated. I very much enjoyed the roasted fig salad, with tasty prosciutto and mozzarella, although the wild boar stew was only a 7 out of 10. Service was appropriately attentive...

• Visited September 2013