“A great way to spend half a day a get a diffrent perspective of London”
Review of Greenwich

Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Westminster to Greenwich Sightseeing Thames Cruise
Ranked #71 of 1,794 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Set on the south bank of the Thames, approximately five miles from central London, this city borough is rich in maritime history and features the Royal Naval College, National Maritime Museum and the Old Royal Observatory, which was built by Sir Christopher Wren for King Charles II.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 2, 2013

traveling on the Jubilee line change at Canary Wharf and take the DRL line Maze hill i would suggest this stop as when you walk back you would be able to get a good feeling of a good neighborhood . Before going to Greenwich observatory one can visit the Maritime Museum which is very good and has a free enterance and after that visit walk along the gardens of the Queens House and take a short steep walk up to the Greenwich observatory , where the zero-meridian runs through, And world famous for the Greenwich Mean Time of course, The extensive green parks are a good place to relax and enjoy the bright sunshine as i was lucky. From the Top you can get a good view of the sky line of London at one end and the O2 arena at the other end. Must visit the cosy Greenwich Market and a visit to one of the pubs. Greenwich is easily accessed by bus ,DLR line . One can also consider staying in Greenwich, as several major chain hotels are available and the rates are more affordable as compared with central London.In London with the oyster card for travel and with the unique benifit of a day cap staying at a distance of 25-30 min away from central London is a good method of saving on the Hotel costs and using the saved pounds to see many of the Paid attractions of London.

1  Thank sandeepdelhi
Write a ReviewReviews (5,413)
All reviews
in 56 reviews
"sunny day"
in 73 reviews

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I am always happy when i went there, everything there perfect. Whenever i am bored or something bodring my mind i usually when there and think about how to go about it. I am always happy there to be honest is a nice place ever. Is a beautiful place to be be!! I love it. Sometimes i when there with my partner we always had a nice time together. Therefore, is a beautiful place to be!! Here is my review. Please, my people do not miss out, take you family or the people you love and have a nice time. And i promise you we definitely enjoy the enveroment. Thanks for taking your time rrading my review. Yours sincerly, Henry smith.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Greenwich is well known through its observatory where the zero-meridian runs through, And world famous for the Greenwich Mean Time of course, and the Maritime Museum. Greenwich is also the mooring place of the tea clipper "Cutty Sark" and the famous "Gypsy Moth", which Sir Francis Chichester sailed around the world. Furthermore, you can visit the cosy Greenwich Market (very busy sometimes) or visit one of the pubs. Don't forget the extensive parks. Greenwich, seeped in maritime history, is a very attractive part of London, more like a village. Greenwich is easily accessed by bus 188, or the DLR line to Lewisham. If you want to stay in Greenwich, several major chain hotels are available. To be recommended for an extensive visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I would recommend a day trip at Greenwich - a place for the entire family. My husband and I with our 7 year old inquisitive son and our 7 month old baby went to Greenwich this October (2013). It is a good full day trip within London so you get to see and discover a lot of things without going that far.

Greenwich is very accessible by all sorts of transportation. We went by city cruises from Westminster at 10am and got back through DLR from Island Gardens station at 5pm.

There are lots of things to see - Cutty Sark (although we didn't go inside the ship) the giant ship would welcome you upon arriving Greenwich. Don't miss the Painted Hall and the Chapel at the Old Naval College, Maritime Museum - my son enjoyed it so much. We also visited the Prime Meredian on the top of the hill which is a bit of a walk but a good one and very nice view of Greenwich once you are there. We queud for the Prime Meridian line and had our pictures taken - a good souvenir for the entire family to actually experience it all together. We snacked on some sausage and bacon sandwiches we bought from there while seated at the gardens overlooking the Thames River.

On our way back to central London instead of taking our transport from Greenwich we walked through the underground foot tunnel going to Island Gardens at the other side of the Thames River. The tunnel is now lighted and clean (not spooky as others have described it in the past). It was a good experience and my son raved about passing a tunnel under the river!

Greenwich is a wonderful family time for us. I would love to visit it again to have a relaxing stroll around. I would also like to visit the Greenwich Market next time and hunt for some good stuff (I didn't get to experience it during our visit - my boys didn't share the same interest with me!)