Having frequented the Athenaeum for a variety of occassions previously, I booked the Athenaeum expecting the warmth, generosity of staff and relaxed luxury that I have come to expect from this establishment. However I did know that the hotel has been slowly refurbishing over the past year and so hoped that the magical qualities that had
prescribed its quiet charm had not been disrupted. We were not disappointed. On entering the hotel for check in we were told that there would be a short ten minute wait for our room and were shown into the beautifully appointed hotel bar where we were served complimentary mango sorbet chocolate cones whilst we waited. It is hidden touches such as these that just serve to create the delightful ambience where you are consistantly surprised and provoke some very precious memories. After being shown up to our room by the receptionist we set our eyes on a fabulously quirky design that consisted of all the most dapper of British qualities- humour, eccentricity, glamour and complete style, an elegant setting for an elegant trip. Throughout our stay we could not have felt more welcomed by the staff who really do act as though they are just there to create every detail for your utter ease and also enjoyed some superb cocktails and wine in the beautiful bar. A higly recommended place to stay, thank you so much the Athenaeum!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments
- The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences London, England