“Outstanding!”

The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
Ranked #143 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Athenaeum for one night in February and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The room was just perfect - the bed was so comfortable and the pillows were heavenly. Our room overlooked Green Park and although the road is busy we could not hear any traffic noise. All the staff that we met were lovely - really gave us the impression that nothing would be too much trouble. We were shown to our room by a young lady called Kathryn, who explained how everything worked and was very pleasant and friendly, as were all the staff we met. Our check-in and check-out went very smoothly and Betty who checked us out was so polite. We will definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AthenaeumHotelLondon, Marketing Manager at The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your comments Chris, we are delighted to hear to you were made to feel so welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back to your London home again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,531)

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here just one night and from the minute we arrived and were greater by Jim the huge and friendly doorman the staff we're just great. It just reminds you how staff can either make the stay miserable or pleasurable. A very easy and friendly check in, all the team were conversational. One neg review on this place said that she felt like she was being grilled is just plain daft. They politely enquirer what brought us to London, business or pleasure etc etc. The team in the bar were again very welcoming and I was pressed with how many people remembered my name. The breakfast was very good although it wasn't as hot as it could've been to be honest. All in all a great place and I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for a lovely review!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

A friend of mine was living at the Athenaeum for six months in 1997. I traveled to London to be at the opening night of a play that he was the creative force for. I stayed there one night as I already had an apartment I had booked near Hyde Park. This hotel was absolutely beautiful. Great location. Although a little busy out on the street, it is still a great place to say as far as location. If I ever decide to travel to London again, I would definitely book the Athenaeum.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you Karen, we hope to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed there for two nights this week. Everyone was very polite and helpful. My room was a bit on the small side but adequate as I was on my own. The location is great - on Piccadilly opposite Green Park.
I used the gym which is also pretty small. If you want to run, use the park.
I didn't use the restaurant or bar as I had functions to attend.
I think most London hotels are overpriced which is why I rated it average for value.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Arqueros

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We look forward to welcoming you back to your London home again soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here a few days ago for our 10 year anniversary. The room was pristine and the views over looking Green Park were sensational. The location is an absolute dream and considering the central location, there was no noise from the road despite staying at the front of the hotel on Piccadilly.

The staff were amazing and went out of their way to make us feel at home and even came to our room with a card and two gorgeous cupcakes to say Happy Anniversary.

Overall, we had a fantastic experience and will definitely return to this Hotel.

However, the food (taster menu) was poor - we had 50% off luckily as if we had paid full price we would be very very disappointed. One of our courses was burnt and we complained at reception the following day. We were given £20 off the food bill (despite having had the 50% off deal) and an apology was given. We felt very pleased with this outcome as they were very sincere in their apology.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and thank you for providing such excellent service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us to be part of such a special celebration!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently spent two night here with my teenage son just prior to his 14 birthday. We were warmly welcomed and even though it was only Midday we were able to go on up to a lovely twin room. Having spent the afternoon out shopping we arrived back to a lovely birthday cake for James waiting for him in the room. He was delighted and he also loved being able to raid the mini bar at any time as all the soft drinks and snacks were free (a nice touch, instead of being charged the usual five star rate of £6 for a kitkat!). The concierge was great and helped make restaurant bookings both before and during out trip as well as being chatty and fun. I have stayed here before and will stay again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We are delighted that James felt so at home with us - thank you for recommending us!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel has an excellent localization, close to theatres, hyde park, picadilly circus, etc. The staff (porters, reception, concierge) are very efficient and polite. We stayed in the apartments, they have a good size, not usual for London, and with modern bath and amenities like coffe, soft drinks, snacks, all free. The wi-fi is free and with goos connection. The bed, linen bed and towell are very good. The only problem we had is that the replacement of mini bar was not efficient, and I had to ask to replace during three days.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank raferria

Thank you for a great review - we are delighted to hear that you loved your apartment!