The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,612 results
All reviewsgreen parka park view roommilk and cookiesbuckingham palacemini barafternoon teathe main hotelsecret hotelnespresso machinepiccadilly circushome from homelovely hotelupgraded to a suitehyde parkfive star hotellovely rooman upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I have mixed feelings about writing about this hotel, and to give it a rating. Since, the service is really wonderful and the Hotel is a good hotel. But not really what I expected.

We booked it as a five star luxury Hotel in London, and well to be honest it did not really feel like one. Perhaps it was that our room was in the back and outside the window was just the next block, and the room was quite small, and not really something more special then other less expensive hotels we have stayed in, in London.

The hotel ran out of adaptors, and the hair dryeer was really weak :)

The hotel is nice, the service is wonderful, but as I said not really outstanding.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mysolin
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I booked a night here for my husband's birthday and booked on lastminute.com under secret hotels. When we arrived we were told our room had been upgraded and we were shown to a top floor suite. The room was amazing- gorgeous decor, lounge area, balcony and spa bath and even a secret tv in the bathroom! They even bought a little cake up with candles for my husband.
The location is great and we went for a nice walk around Green park.
Overall a fantastic stay, great hotel, staff were very polite. Would defintely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times, and each visit gets better. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room spacious and lovely. I just can't fault them on anything. They know who you are and how to treat you, what more can a hotel offer? I won't contemplate a visit to London without staying in this lovely venue.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the park
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Athenaeum for 10nights. The room was spacious and well presented, and always very clean. The service was excellent, and I found the hotel staff helpful and welcoming. I especially liked the free snacks and drinks in the mini bar, which is a nice touch fitting in with the hotels "home from home" style.
I tried the afternoon tea on a Sunday which was amazing - the best I have tried. The orange blossom scones were my favourite. If you like sweet foods, order the honey afternoon tea (a few days notice required). You get extra honey based cakes and sanwiches.
I also visited the spa. The complimentary facilities are nice (steam room/sauna/jacuzzi) but i found my treatments to be pretty average.

Room Tip: If you want a park view go for a room ABOVE the third floor (otherwise youll just see tree trunks and the traffice is loud)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love this hotel,love the location,the staff,the rooms,I just can't afford to stay here as often as I would like,but if there are any special offers I'm always interested.Location great for a stroll to Piccadilly ,Buckingham Palace and Green Park.Stayed here several times over many years.So this review isn't about a specific date.

Room Tip: Looking into Green Park
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends