We booked a stay at The Athenaeum for our anniversary, and from the moment we arrived they made it a special occasion for us - one small detail was that every member of staff seemed aware that we were celebrating our anniversary and then wished us a happy anniversary throughout our stay.
Upon checking in, we were told our room had been upgraded and our room was huge, beautifully decorated (especially noting the little toy soldiers in a glass case next to the bed) and with a well stocked mini bar. Another really nice touch of this hotel is that they were aware of my gluten allergy and therefore on entering the room we found a whole stack of gluten free snacks for me to try (which changed each night that we stayed there), as well as everything in the mini bar! Those little attentions to detail were fantastic and made us feel even more welcome in the hotel.
Within ten minutes of checking in to our room, we were surprised by a chocolate cake and an anniversary card brought up by room service which was a celebratory gift from the hotel. We felt truly spoilt and really cared for at this hotel - more than we have at any other 5* hotel in London.
We visited the spa briefly, but it was quite small although lovely.
We had room service breakfast which was plentiful and delicious, although expensive, but delivered on a beautiful table with a rose which was a nice touch.
Overall, a wonderful stay and looking forward to returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments
- The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences London, England