I had bought a spa/lunch deal via Groupon for my boyfriends birthday which seemed very inviting, including a 3 course lunch at the hotels restaurant, bottle of champagne presented with a bow, chocolate covered strawberries, 60 minutes each of a deep muscle massage and full use of the spa facilities. When we first arrived we were told to sit in the restaurants waiting area until a waiter had told us to come into the restaurant, however he did not speak English very well so it was hard to understand what he was exactly saying to us. When we did eventually sit down and order our food, the food was 100% amazing, from beginning to end. In addition to this the staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was warm, clean and classy. Once we had finished we were showed the way to the spa where we were greeted by a few unhappy faces at the spa reception, which immediately put you off wanting to be there. After all a friendly face is one that invites you in. We were showed to our changing rooms and how to use the lockers, then were free to use the spa facilities which were all in one room; sauna, steam room and two hot tubs which were not actually that hot (luke warm). As the Spa was so small and other people were there besides us, it did not feel that intimate or special which is why we decided to head off into the steam room where it was less packed. We then went ahead and had our massages done by two very unhappy people who looked as though they couldn't wait to leave, and unfortunately the massage was not very good at all. On top of all of that we had to then remind them for our champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, it all seemed very unorganised. The only thing which I would go back for would be the amazing lunch with the friendly staff within the hotels restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments
- The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences London, England