The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences
$286
$278
Hotels.com
2,642 results
All reviewsgreen parka park view roommilk and cookiesbuckingham palacemini barafternoon teathe main hotelsecret hotelnespresso machinepiccadilly circushome from homelovely hotelupgraded to a suitehyde parkfive star hotellovely rooman upgrade
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at the Athenaeum hotel for one night, I cannot praise this hotel enough a truly memorable stay, we were upgraded to a suite and had views of Green Park in the winter.Although located on busy Piccadilly it was extremely quiet and relaxing once inside.
The suite was amazing never seen anything like it, with a bathroom to die for. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful and I must mention all the staff who were charming.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here on a getaway on my own. To be honest I'd had such a busy time at work I was starting to think I was losing my marbles and decided that a getaway was really the best course of action.
Athenaeum is great for this - I just went to my room - absolute silence - no hustle and bustle, no phones ringing and because I was in one of the townhouses it was completely quiet - I only had to speak to someone if I wanted to. I even had my own front door onto Mayfair! Room service is prompt and efficient. I went to the bar in the evening and sat in a corner. Service is so good in here that I felt completely relaxed and knew no-one would be bothering me, as might have happened in a normal bar - hotel or not. The beds are really comfy, the rooms have everything you might need, and if you want something else, the staff are always extremely accommodating. What more could you want? I wish I had brought some swimming stuff to use their wet room or decided to use one of their bikes for a trip around the parks. Maybe next time (there will definitely be a next time!)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank bollingerbetty
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at the Athenaeum for two nights in November as part of our annual pre-Christmas shopping & theatre trip. Noticing that London hotel prices were on an inexorable climb upwards, we booked this as a 'secret hotel' and weren't 100% sure at the time which it was. I was pleased when it was confirmed as this hotel.
The Athenaeum fits our primary London requirements of 1. walking distance to Green Park tube 2. pleasant walk right outside your door and 3. not too noisy.
The hotel is surprisingly compact. It's a little bit of a crush walking down Piccadilly but the greeting from the doorman makes you feel at home straight away. Check in (and out) was seamless and the room was ready early - so a good start.
The room was modern and well equipped and with a very useful free supply of soft drinks,coffee and various snacks (you only pay for any alcohol). We didn't get chance to use the restaurant or bar but they were always pleasantly busy but not full. I notice the electrical sockets were both UK/US and EU style - saves all those adaptors.
Our only complaint was the room temperature. Despite using every combination of controls on the digital pad,it remained hot all the time. That said, it was a minor concern really.
Can't say the hotel bowled me over in the sense that we weren't 'charmed' by it. However, all the staff were very professional and didn't put a foot wrong. We'd definately stay again.

1  Thank Rambler
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights and from the doormans greeting and to him putting our bags into the taxi this hotel was excellent,room was very clean and cosy ,staff polite and professional.food in the resturent 1st class ,this is one hotel we shall certently return to

Room Tip: Room over looking Green Park
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Only stayed here for 1 night (unfortunately) and cannot fault this hotel.
Managed to get it on a Last Minute deal which made it fantastic value though not sure if I would pay the 'rack' price.
From the moment we got out of the taxi we were treated like royalty and everyone was so helpful.
The hotel is in a fab location and only 10-15 mins walk to theatreland and other main attractions.
Would highly recommend staying here!

1  Thank pixiegill