“Perfection....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Cumbria
“Perfection....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed at the Ritz on 22nd February for my partners birthday. We booked the dining package which was tremendous value. On arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite. As we were being shown the suite a birthday cake arrived for my partner - what a wonderful gesture. The room was fabulously spacious and as you'd expect spotlessly clean.

We enjoyed champagne and cocktails in the bar before dinner and as always the service was excellent. Dinner was served in the Ritz Restaurant which was amazing! From the bread through to the chocolate soufflé everything was faultless and delicious. The singer and the band were excellent too - just right for the setting and wonderful background music. The dancers in the interval were incredible. The memories of that evening will stay with me for ever.

The following morning we enjoyed a lovely breakfast in the restaurant with more delicious food and wonderful service. Again everything was perfect!

If you are looking for lovely surroundings, great food, nice wines and the best customer service in the world - then the Ritz is the place for you. I can highly recommend it. It was a special treat for us and we are already planning our next visit - hopefully in December so we can enjoy the Christmas Decorations. There is only one word to describe the Ritz ....perfection!

Room Tip: All the rooms are magnificent!
2 Thank lCumbrialor
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Perfection is our aim, and I am delighted that we scored high with you. I hope that you will return again in December, in fact, we have agreed this week that the Christmas decorations will go up on 21st November this year - and I have no doubt they will be spectacular. The Ritz is magical at Christmas time and I hope you will experience it for yourselves. SB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

I took my friend as a surprise for her 50th birthday! The Ritz made it very special. We had champagne in our room on arrival. They brought a cake with a candle and matches to our room! We called reception and porters for a couple of things and received excellent prompt service. Staff were extremely courteous and helpful at all times. We had afternoon tea which was beautiful. We sat and people watched and loved every minute of it. We were very sorry to leave. Pure opulence!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank WARBENN
And what a lovely friend you must be! Such a very kind gift to give and it is most heartening to learn that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for choosing The Ritz, I hope you will return another time. SB
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

My daughter son and his wife and my mum purchased my husband and I an evening meal at the Ritz plus an over night stay.
The whole experience was just fabulous we were up graded to a superior deluxe room at no extra charge the staff are so helpful and lots of them who see to your every need,
Anyone not enjoying their stay I am amazed .

Our evening meal was a set menu but we were able to choose off the a la carte , we had cocktails in the bar before our meals and this was also a new experience to watch the bar man prepare the cocktails .

I have visited a lot of very good hotels over the years but I have to say this will be one in my memory.

Thank you to my lovely children and my lovely mother who also put in the kitty

1 Thank Linda C
It would seem that you have a lovely family and they have very good taste! It is as it should be that you enjoyed your stay so much and I am sure very rewarding for those who contributed to this treat that it lived up to expectations. Thank you for the kind feedback. SB
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Pure Perfection.. One of the most delicate, tranquil, flamboyant, unique, magnificent, luxurious places I have ever been.. It is a must see.. I was there with my friends for drinks in the bar and enjoyed every minute of it..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank _Baya_1986
Selsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

It is interesting how some people appear to get poor treatment and as a result give poor reviews. Why is this, is it may be the individuals have unrealistic expectations or is it that the place they are reviewing decide to pick on them? Anyway, based on my limited experience of The Ritz, I cannot see how anyone could give anything other than a 5 star review. Okay, it costs a fortune but you know that from the start and that's part of what makes it so special.

My experience started with the doorman addressing me by name even though we hadn't checked in. He took our luggage and a second person escorted us to the reception where we had been upgraded from our booked King room to a suite. What a start! We had room 106 which is in the corner of the building just over the reception area. The room furniture was not at all tatty but was exactly what one would expect from the hotel, clean, opulent and without a scratch in sight. The staff who showed us the room did not hang around for a tip, quickly leaving and allowing us to settle in.

We had booked lunch on the first day and visited the main restaurant. The staff were excellent, happy to describe the menu choices and make recommendations. We selected the 3 course lunch at £49 which was excellent value.

Our only other visit to the restaurant was for breakfast each day. We had selected an inclusive tariff which gives a saving on the regular full English price of £36. Food quality was as expected and again the staff were brilliant.

So, don't be put off by any bad reviews. A stay at The Ritz is something that should be on everyone's bucket list. We will remember ours with pleasure and hope to one day be able to stay again.

3 Thank NoLeakHere
Perfection is our aim, and I am thrilled that we achieved it with you. Thank you very much for you kind appreciation of the huge teamwork involved in making every guest feel valued and welcome. SB
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a twin deluxe with friend I hadn't seen for years. The room was magnificent, the service was amazing and we had a high tea that was beautiful. The staff couldn't do enough. The only disappointment was breakfast where it wasn't at all clear how it worked, the buffet was tiny and I ended up having croissant with coffee and given a night cost 770gbp I was disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
I am so sorry you did not receive the full breakfast offering and can understand your disappointment. I would like to think that a member of staff would have offered you something cooked and will encourage the Restaurant team to attend to this. I hope you will return to The Ritz for another visit. SB
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We have just checked out from 3 nights in a deluxe suite. The accommodation was beautifully appointed overlooking Green Park, suite 518. This is our third stay and the experience was excellent as usual. A super welcome with fruit, champagne and a birthday card for me.
The bed was wonderfully comfortable.

Only slight issue was struggling to isolate a shower head, couldn't work that out.

Entry into Ritz Club is always a bonus with its opulent surroundings. The classy Rivoli Bar is also a "must".

We nearly decided to try somewhere else , but I am really happy we stuck with the Ritz. The people are excellent and genuinely want to look after you. I am just not convinced we could be happier anywhere else in London.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank holidaygal2014
Very nice comments - thank you. Next time you stay, please call housekeeping who will help you with the shower head! We hope to welcome you again soon. SB