The excitement and anticipation of coming to spend 24 hours at this globally recognised hotel was like waiting for Santa all those years ago as a child on Christmas morning.
From the moment that the doorman opens your car door you have got to be blown away at Putting on The Ritz.
Reception great, we asked about an upgrade and got one just like that. Shown to our room and wow.
Though my absolute immediate thought when I walked in to our Executive Deluxe Suite was it was a bit 70's when you thought about it 1 second later you remember that that is gold leaf not paint, that is a crystal chandelier and not plastic and that furniture is genuine French and not reproduction!
Afternoon Tea was THE best ever and it kept coming.
Paul the Concierge had pre-arranged a chauffeured Jag to take us to the theatre and unbeknown to us when we finished at the show we had an hours tour of the sites.
Departing and arriving back at the hotel the Doorman not only knowing our names but also our itinerary was exceptional.
A cocktail is just a must as divine.
We wanted food in the cocktail bar but it had finished by 11.30pm but no problem we could order room service there and when it was ready we would be taken to our room. I even ordered off menu.
Just fill dining table was set up for the meal!
A nice surprise of hearts made from rose petals on our bed and the most fabulous Turn Down service I have ever seen.
Breakfast was an equally magical experience in our room.
Lunch to round it all off was beautiful and impeccable service and quality.
- Once in a lifetime maybe.
- Memory's for a lifetime definitely.
- Worth every penny oh yeah.
Spend 24 hours there lapping up everything - oh and more 'Ritz' memorabilia than anywhere else (even the tissues are logo'ed)
Nick and Marky
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened by renowned hotelier Cesar Ritz in 1906, The Ritz today still retains all the glamour and excitement synonymous with this world famous hotel. Perfectly located in a landmark position on Piccadilly in the heart of London's West End, the 136 room luxury hotel is ideally placed to suit both business and leisure visitors alike. Now totaling 111 bedrooms and 25 suites, the elegant rooms combine the original Louis XVI style interiors with modern day technology. Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful rooms in the world, The Michelin-starred Ritz Restaurant features a magnificent frescoed ceiling with west facing windows overlooking the Terrace, the Italian Garden and Green Park beyond. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, with a Dinner Dance on Friday and Saturdays. The Palm Court restaurant offers, most famously, daily Afternoon Tea service which has been popular since the hotel first opened. The stylishly updated Rivoli Bar was designed by Tessa Kennedy and features Art Deco styled interiors. Open daily with a bar menu. Private dining facilities at William Kent House, the 18th century mansion house at The Ritz, include an exquisite selection of banquet rooms and suites. Possibly the most elegant and opulent private rooms in London, William Kent House offers the perfect venue for private receptions, weddings, boardroom meetings, lunches, dinners and gala events. The Ritz London is a Grade II star listed building and in 2002 became the first hotel to receive the Royal Warrant from his Royal Highness The Prince of Wales for banqueting and catering services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz London Hotel London
- The Ritz Hotel London
- Ritz Hotel London
- Ritz London
- London Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz London England