4,254 results
All reviews rivoli bar afternoon tea the palm court jacket and tie dinner dance sandwiches and cakes green park birthday treat bottle of champagne turn down service junior suite beautiful room buckingham palace doorman cloakroom luxury concierge
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I fined at the Ritz restaurant as a Christmas teat and the evening was exceptional. The decor is opulent and the service warm, meticulous and friendly. We dined from the a la carte menu and all was excellent and in particular the lobster and lamb. It was a Saturday night and there was a band on and a dance floor in the restaurant, which was lovely with good music. Went to the Art Deco rivoli bar afterwards for cocktails and the same attention to detail on the service was evident. All round a great experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ok you will have guessed by my previous reviews I do rather love The Ritz London - however I need to share the fact that you don't need to only visit The Ritz to be grown-up and well behaved
Oh no - we rather did a " what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" the weekend before Christmas and had the most marvelous, fun, sparkling and rather loud time! Champagne and cocktails in bar before dinner where every guest has such personal attention and the food is enhanced by the sheer theatre of the service. The restaurant had a incredible dancing couple putting on a show of tango and salsa that had us all up trying our hardest to imitate - apologies now to the other guests who actually could dance and may have been trampled on due to our exuberance.
We sampled the refined cigar shop which is situated in the garden and sang Christmas carols until everyone else left and finally at 4am we too crept to bed with the night porters help....
As always breakfast was delightful and the staff discreet when it came to ordering bloody marys for medicinal reasons only. A day of shopping and we were back on form for another repeat performance followed by a long leisurely Sunday lunch before waving goodby to the most amazing weekend made so by the lovely Ritz team and a load of wonderful memories
REMEMBER this is a secret as what happens at The Ritz stays at The Ritz!!

Room tip: ask reservations desk when you book and tell them if you prefer the noise and fun of london or the quiet of the park
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

You are absolutely correct; What happens at The Ritz, stays at The Ritz..... SB

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Just had,sadly, one evening here. Not stayed for years and can safely say will never stay anywhere else again when in London! Old fashioned luxury with incredibly slick friendly service. Just a wonderful all round experience. Worth staying simply for the room service lobster club sandwich!!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Such a shame that you were only able to stay for one night, but very hearted to think that you might already be planning your next trip? I hope we exceed your expectations when you do venture South again. SB

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We returned to the Ritz for the third time. We stayed in room313 for 4 nights and would really recommend this Hotel and room. The staff were great room amazing and food beautiful. I have previously tried other good hotels in london but once you go to the Ritz nothing else will do. Hope to return very soon

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

And we look forward to welcoming you on your fourth stay.... I am sure you will have noticed that the staff recognise you now, and hopefully greet you by name. One of the secrets to great guest relations is having the knack for putting names together with faces, and the staff here is adept at that. I hope you continue to enjoy your visits to The Ritz. SB

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Me and my husband and two children stayed here for one night before flying out of the country. What can I say...the experience was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. We stayed in one of the junior suites which was absolute luxury at its best. The pictures on the website do not do the room justice at all. At the suite we met with Luis. He was an absolute delight and nothing was too much trouble for him. He had some really great stories to tell us about the history hotel and we want to give a personal thanks for everything he did for us.

The children received gifts upon our arrival which they were extremely happy with. The gifts included a Ritz Teddy Bear, a manicure set and also a traditional wooden jigsaw.

I had an appointment at The Ritz Salon and that experience was also fantastic, having my hair done by a celebrity stylist! Any woman who wants a bit of pampering has to visit the salon and treat themselves to a glass of champagne whilst having their treatment.

We had booked in for afternoon tea and this is an experience in itself. The sandwiches and cakes were absolutely divine and the plates are constantly refilled. Do not eat anything before going for afternoon tea!! The Christmas choir performed beautifully and made the whole experience even more magical.

In the evening me and my husband went into the Rivoli Bar which again, what can I say...delightful! The cocktails are amazing as is the champagne and caviar. The service is absolutely tremendous.

We then went into the Ritz Club and Casino. Another fantastic experience and I would like to say a big thank you to Clive and Laura for making our evening so pleasurable.

Room service is a must. The service and food is impeccable!

I stay in many hotels around the world and I have to say that The Ritz is most definitely number one and is luxury at its absolute best. The staff are attentive beyond belief and no request is to big or too small for them. I have nothing negative whatsoever to say about this hotel, its staff or our stay here.

We will most definitely be returning.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 318Marie

You really did sample all of the outlets, didn't you? How wonderful that you did not have any cause for unhappiness during your stay with your family. I hope you will return next Christmas - or before. SB