“Tea at the Ritz”
Review of The Ritz London

The Ritz London
Ranked #37 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 10, 2013

For my 21st I went for Tea at the Ritz, my experience went above my expectation. I didn't think we would have a lot to eat here, but we were given plenty!! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a traditional dining experience.
However, I wasn't over whelmed by the staff, they didn't smile and what looked like the supervisor looked out of place as she wasn't wearing a uniform. Plus the Birthday cake that was ordered for me got sent to the wrong table which was a little embarrassing for me and them, and made my experience a little less special.
Overall the food was incredible, service could be better...

Room Tip: Men - don't take your suit jacket off! You will be told to put it back on!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ellen030692
There are newer reviews for The Ritz London

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went for a 3 course meal with my girlfriend, we booked a voucher for a 'cut price' meal. The opulence and stunning and mesmerising interior transforms you back in time. The thought of whom else has sat in the same chair as myself, sends shivers and serious thoughts. The stunning well presented food on silver service and French and Italian waiters have a boastful knowledge of wines of the world, found this out by chatting and asking questions to what badges they have. Food is umm, well what can you say, beautiful to look at and the tastes are just incredible. The staff are I no doubt are as good as Royal Staff and just as polite. Well worth the visit, although the bill was largely a shock, once in a lifetime visit. Stunning, gorgeous tastes, far to posh for me.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simon R
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

It was perfect, had a lovely night;) x x x we all had a amazing time and all the services were perfectly delivered to our needs! We hope you have as much fun there as us! The food and meals tasted really nice and we were greeted with the best warm welcome possible, London is also amazing, considering I'm from London, staying here is peaceful and quiet unlike London itself!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ilovecakeandfood
Stephen_Boxall, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

There is something rather fun about being a tourist in your own home town, and I think everyone should try it once. The Big Bus Tour which leaves from outside The Ritz is a great way to see our amazing city and I commend you for doing so. Thank you for the generous feedback, it makes a delightful read. SB

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Dureing my first visit the Ritz exceeded my expectations, this visit exceeded those. Form the lovely room to the wonderful service, every aspect of this hotel is top notch. Special thanks to the wonderful front desk and Concierge staff. Looking forward to returning again and again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank avalon1025

Excellent news! Given the elephantine memories of our Front of House staff, it will not be too long for recognition is instant and you will forever be part of our Ritz Family of guests. I hope you will enjoy your future visits as much as the previous ones. Thank you for the kind remarks. SB

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and it was a wonderful experience.

Not sure where to start as it was just all very very good. The stay came about by booking a West End show and needing somewhere to stay. As we had been given a gift of afternoon tea at the ritz it just seemed logical to book a room as well. Yes maybe a bit more than some hotels but it is certainly worth it. There is nothing these guys will stop at to make your stay the most memorable experience. Fantastic breakfast - will try the restaurant next time - as there WILL BE a next time.

After reading some of the poor reviews on the teas I wondered just what might we think ourselves. However I can find no complaint, fresh delicious food. Attentive, polite staff more than willing to abide to your every whim. Food fantastic - and it just keeps coming. One tip is don't eat beforehand and give yourself time to digest afterwards - it' a cream fest - and so wonderfully indulgent.

Go on treat yourself :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alistair-Ngaire
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our party of 4 went to The Ritz for Afternoon Tea on Sunday 3rd November 2013. This was for my Mother's 80th Birthday, I just cannot find fault! From the moment we arrived in our Taxi a porter opened our Taxi door and we were greeted and shown to a table in the waiting area. We were served with coffee and cinnamon shortbread fingers. When it came to our time for tea, doors were opened for us and we were then shown to our table. The whole event was outstanding, a glass of very nice Champagne each, then our choice of tea, plenty of sandwiches, scones then cakes. When the waiter brought my Mother's Birthday cake the Harpist played "Happy Birthday" and everyone applauded! This really made her day! Everything was superb. We never felt we didn't belong there. Nothing was too much trouble. We were treated as equal to anyone staying at the Hotel. Thanks to ALL THE STAFF at The Ritz!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank GeoffRob1958
Reviewed November 3, 2013

From when we sat down, through platefuls of scrummy finger sandwiches, onto warm scones with jam and clotted cream, then pieces of cake and ending up with pastries; all alongside pots of hot tea!! We had a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple