The Ritz London
The Fox Club(London)
Dukes Hotel(London)
  • Breakfast included
3,901 results
All reviewsrivoli barafternoon teathe palm courtjacket and tiedinner dancesandwiches and cakesgreen parkbirthday treatbottle of champagnejunior suiteturn down servicebeautiful roombuckingham palacedoormanluxuryconciergeclaridges
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Went there a few days ago to stay for my eighteenth birthday and it was lovely. The staff were all very attentive and helpful. Our room was very clean and very nicely decorated. The dining room was very beautiful as well as the Palm Court. I would definitely recommend the Ritz to anyone in the future, though they do have a dress code so be prepared for that.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank helen234
Exec0ffice1, Managing Director at The Ritz London, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

I hope you know what a very lucky girl you are! Having celebrated your 18th birthday with us, where else could you possible want to stay in London?! Seriously, I am so pleased that your special treat was indeed that and I hope you will become one of our new guests who can call The Ritz their London home. SB

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have just returned home after a three night stay at the ritz for my 50th birthday. I've stayed in many 5 star hotels in many countries and this was the best ever. They made my birthday perfect, on arrival They had upgraded us to a 2 room suite from a superior suite simply because it was a special birthday. Staff were wonderful and the hotel is simply beautiful. We had a stunning 2 room suite overlooking the park, decor was perfect and the experience out of this world...I Woke up this morning, looked at the chandelier in my bedroom and didn't want to come home!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all the staff who truly make the ritz experience so special. The hotels attention to detail and focus on really getting to know their guests makes it a very different holiday experience. I couldn't fault anything at all about the place, service, food, ambiance....and the cocktails are to die for! Seriously nothing was to much trouble for the staff, anything you wanted they would sort for you. Before going we had tried to get decent tickets for les miz and failed so asked at the hotel and Michael on the front desk worked his magic and got us two of the best seats in the house.
I can't wait to go back there. Michele from Cheshire

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park if you want a view. We had a corner suite which was fab as you had windows on all sides so you could see the park and the bustle of the main street and it was very light and airy. Best of both worlds! It was still very quiet though, no traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MicheleCheshire

Indeed, at The Ritz, we only deal with The Best, and our relationships with the theatres, cultivated over many years, ensure that our guests and clients are allocated the cream of the tickets. It is always delightful to receive news that a special occasion has passed so smoothly and marked out for special memory. Thank you for choosing The Ritz, and I hope you will return again to celebrate with us. SB

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Ritz for one night only, but the brevity of our stay provided me with a snapshot of a hotel into which I have not stepped foot for a decade. Lots of high points. Great location in St James. Excellent service at all levels. Tight security, perhaps a bit too obvious, with the earpieces all over. Small lobby, quick registration. Plush carpets, rooms are beautiful with any amenity you could possibly want. No signs of wear anywhere. Expensive furnishings. We picked the least expensive room available, as we would be occupying it for less than 12 hours, but it was still extremely comfortable with a pretty view. Great bar, good late night snacks. Now the downside: everywhere you turn there is a sales pitch. The reception desk offered us a pricy membership in the hotel group's loyalty program...it costs money? There are display cases in the hallways hawking various wares. Awaiting us in our room was a live tv channel displaying jewels...only jewels. Tent cards on the bedside table, promoting Ritz gifts. It was really too much. If they just tone the marketing down a bit, it would be a better experience overall. If the commercial pitch does not bother you, the Ritz is a good choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucinda00
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at the Ritz for the first time during our latest EU trip. We normally stay at some small boutique hotels in the same neighborhood as the Ritz, but this time, because we were following "The Leading Hotels of the World", we abandoned our usual digs and checked in to the Ritz.

From the moment we walked in, the doorman, the receptionist desk, the bell hop, could all not be more inviting. When we entered the room, there were two hearts of rose pedals outlined on the bed in recognition of our anniversary. We joined friends in the bar for drinks and music. The ambiance was engulfing in luxury and style.

I will definitely be back! Thank you for such a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald R

Excellent. It gives me great pleasure to read that you were following the Leading Hotels trail, and that we did not disappoint. I sincerely hope that your anniversary will glow in your memory for years to come, and that you will help you to celebrate for many more years to come. Thank you. SB

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited London for a week in early October and stayed at The Ritz. The location is central to all and the rooms are beautiful decorated. The hotel is simply lovely; each public space is a sight to behold. And while the decor is over the top French antiques with gorgeous gilt everywhere the thing that makes this place so fantastic is the staff. My husband arranged a number of events prior to our arrival, everything was managed impeccably by the concierge Andy. And upon our arrival we received excellent recommendations and service throughout our stay from each and every person that we had the pleasure of encountering. Tony at concierge desk proved invaluable as well. The service is what makes this hotel THE place to stay in London.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 6fromCT

This review makes lovely reading. I know I repeat myself often, but our Concierges are quite remarkable and it is great to learn that you experienced the first class service they provide. Of course there is great teamwork involved and I am so pleased that the service we pride ourselves on was noted and appreciated by you. Thank you. SB