I have reviewed this hotel more than once, I stay in it regularly, not as much as I used to but still quite often, doing nothing more than demonstrating that the Brits dont like change!!
This hotel could easily be the flagship hotel of the Thistle Group, when they bought it with the bedbox hotel next door, this was called Whites and was well known as somewhere friendly and homely to stay when in town. It was a little tired and creaked in places but that was accepted because all the staff were friendly, helpful and ensured they knew everyone.
Thistle have thistle-ised it, into a typical chain anonymous hotel - I now stay because its easy with the location and the parking not because I particularly want to.
It is still tired in many ways, the staff dont know you from one day to the next and even if they did recognise you they wouldnt show it, its obvious there is little training being done or the wrong type of training!
I dont think Thistle have any idea what gem they have here - why should they have when you look at the standards they set in the majority of their hotels.
They have spent some monies in the public rooms but how many guests actually spend too much time in those rooms, they are maybe trying to get "first impressions" but once people get to the rooms those first impressions are long forgotten.
Thistle - grab this hotel, turn it into the gem it should be, take it out of the Thistle bedbox ethos, train the staff in fact just hire a really good manager who would take ownership of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thistle Hyde Park dates from Victorian times, with a cosy, relaxed atmosphere reminiscent of a Pall Mall private-member's club. A refined, intimate building, it is a comfortable base from which to enjoy the nearby West End, Oxford Street and Mayfair. Within walking distance of Lancaster Gate and Bayswater Underground stations and a literal stone's throw from multiple bus stops, you'll find it easy to get from the hotel to wherever it is you wish to visit in central London. What's more, you have the luxury of two of London's finest public parks just across the road from the hotel entrance - perfect for a morning stroll, weekend picnic, or letting the kids run off all the excitement of a holiday in the City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thistle Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thistle Hyde Park London, England
- Thistle Hyde Park Hotel London