“Highly recommend”
Review of Thistle Hyde Park

Thistle Hyde Park
Ranked #463 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel in a good location. Would definitely return and recommend! Rooms were tastefully decorated. Only slight negative was we didn't use the shower as the water pressure wasn't great and it took a long time for hot water to arrive so we just had baths instead which filled in a few minutes with instant hot water. Staff are very professional and friendly!

1  Thank Rachgr
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Your review of Thistle Hyde Park was much appreciated. I am sorry you had shower pressure issues, but we able to take advantage of a bath instead and that this clearly did not impact your stay. If you would care to contact me directly then I can investigate this further. I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Hyde Park.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a twin room which overlooked the park. The room was clean and very spacious with a large bathroom, twin beds and a seperate area with sofa, chairs and a table. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel situated just a two minute walk away from the tube. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences of Thistle Hyde Park. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for an over night shopping/theatre trip to London. The hotel is easy walking distance from Paddington Station, and close to the London Underground stations for easy access to central London. We walked back from the Royal Albert Hall concert in about 20 minutes, so it is very good location.

Room Tip: We had a very good deal, so I understand that we may have not had the best room, but the Room 101, i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review, it again highlights our great location for transport and our proximity to the sights of London, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our twin room was very clean and they had made good use of the space. There was plenty of storage in a small separate area, plus two chairs with a small round table and still room to move around, with space either side of the beds too. The bathroom fitments should perhaps be replaced, but there was plenty of hot water and both the wall-mounted and hand-held shower heads had good pressure. On the down side, it is quite noisy but this is only to be expected in this location and we had a room overlooking the road. Remember to take ear-plugs! We always find hotel rooms too hot and this was no exception. It seemed very difficult to adjust the temperature, since we were not able to change the fan speed. Opening the window was the only alternative, which wasn't ideal. The young man on Reception was very pleasant and gave us all the information we needed on arrival. Overall, for a short stay this hotel is fine.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the road are going to be noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alys S

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the hotel to be suitable to your needs. We are centrally located and very close to transport links, which, being London will always be busy. I have reviewed your comments reference the temperature and the necessary adjustments to the individual unit has been made to ensure the optimum comfort can be achieved. Thank you for taking the time to detail this feedback as it supports our desire to continually improve our guest experience. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on 2 occasions and have nothing but praise for the this lovely hotel. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean, spacious and very comfortable - I have stayed in the junior suite and a deluxe twin and both were lovely. The food and service is excellent!!! This hotel is situated in a lovely area with great views over Hyde Park plus easy access to all the hot spots in Town. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend the junior suite on the 4th floor, and the deluxe twin on the 3rd floor overlookin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Julie C
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

It was very pleasing to read your review following your first stay at Thistle Hyde Park. Your comments regarding the service received by the Food and Beverage and Reception teams has been shared - it is great to receive such positive compliments around the proactive service we always strive to deliver. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back and that you become a frequent guest at our hotel.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and myself stayed at the Thistle Hyde Park for 2 nights for a birthday treat for my wife and the service we recieved was excellent.When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely lady at the recepition desk {Luba} and she made my wife and myself very welcoming and she set the scene for our short stay their.When we arrived at our room in the hotel we were so pleased with it we couldn't have asked for any better.We would certainly return to this hotel again when we come back to London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank STEPHEN H

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your great review of Thistle Hyde Park. It was pleasing to read your comments and for highlighting the welcome received from Luba; your feedback will certainly be shared with the team here in the hotel. I am delighted we were able to help you and your wife enjoy a special weekend in London and hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to Thistle Hyde Park in the very near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just completed my first stay at this hotel and I will certainly return. The facility is very nice and retains the character of the stately homes that used to occupy the same area. The room I had was very spacious and had excellent storage and a very roomy bathroom. I have stayed at many other hotels in the Bayswater area and this is by far the nicest. In addition the front desk staff were very helpful and responsive and the staff in the dining room for breakfast were equally exceptional. The location is also great as it is right across from Hyde Park and centrally located for the underground and numerous bus routes. I would recommend this hotel without qualification.

Room Tip: I booked a leisure standard room that included breakfast and it was a good deal.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business