“Excellent staff. But with a bit of a renovation would be top class.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thistle Hyde Park

Thistle Hyde Park
Ranked #359 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Excellent staff. But with a bit of a renovation would be top class.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

First of all the staff were excellent very accomodating and if you asked for something they made it happen. Rooms are very good just a few little quirky bits here and there. Its an old building and to be honest these add to the character.
Didnt have any bother getting hot water as some have mentioned. We had a slight problem with toilet handle that i could of lived with ( just a bit slack ) but when i mentioned this we were immediately upgraded, and because we were on our way out for a walk in hyde park, they sorted our luggage out and moved everything for us ready for coming back.
The guys on reception were excellent in particular. They made sure we knew where to go and how to get there. It felt like the whole team were working for each other which is excellent. I will definately be back even though londons not my favourite city. Which kind of says it all.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Korean first
Milford, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

i have never stayed in such a nice classy establishment as this place was. it is in a great location over looking hyde park and very close to everywhere. everyone at the hotel staff wise was very nice and helpful with any needs. i would definitely come and stay here again and recomend it to other travelers.

Room Tip: the whole place is great
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Anthony C
W.B, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have traveled internationally and within the U.S. on many occassions and I have never encountered a hotel quite like the Thistle. From the minute we entered the hotel we were treated with the upmost respect and courtesy whether it was the person working the front desk to the man that was cleaning the staircase railings. At no time did I feel that I was a bother to anyone if I needed something, was I effected by the behavior of other guests (infact if it was not for breakfast, I would have never known anyone else was there), and I never once felt unsafe in my room (I dont usually feel comfortable sleeping in new places especially in a different country). The breakfast should not be called continental as it does not serve it justice. The food was incredibly good. The hotel itself was immaculate, one of the cleanest I have ever stayed in for certain. Its location was convenient: 2 tube stops within walking distance and a bus stop right out front made it easy for us to get around. For the price, the location, and most of all the service you can not beat the Thistle Hyde Park. I look forward to returning to London next year and I will most definitly be staying at the Thistle Hyde Park.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view with a terrace
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Myself and my partner stayed here for my 25th birthday in January 2012. We have stayed in many hotels in London, most of those have ended up being small or grotty, this hotel however was absolutely brilliant. Definitely the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in with lovely helpful staff, very clean rooms and even though we were in a room facing the main road, VERY quiet!

To make it even better, when we arrived our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived, so we got upgraded to a deluxe double instead =)

I would definitely recommend staying here. Thanks to the staff for a very pleasant birthday stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed here in January 2012 on a Thistle winter deal so price was good and we were upgraded on arrival to a lovely room overlooking Hyde Park..
Location is great, car parking was excellent (surface parking at front of hotel) and everything was as it should be, clean, quiet and comfortable.
Hotel is relatively small and staff were charming and friendly.
Restaurant was regrettably poor so stay here but eat out!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I've stayed in more London hotels than I care to think about, good and bad, cheap and expensive. This hotel I must say is the best hotel for the money I've ever found.

Check in guy was extremely helpful, polite and in command of the English language (an increasingly rare characteristic of hotel staff!). Room was large, clean, well decorated with a great view of the park. Location excellent with a couple of descent pubs within a two minute walk and some shops.

I paid £57.50 for a night and would have been happy paying more.

If you expect the ritz book the ritz, if you want a descent London hotel book this one!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank FreddieTheHedeghog
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Dear Freddie the Hedgehog,

Thank you for taking the time to review Thistle Hyde Park. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and we hope you will return to see us soon.

Kind Regards,

John Murphy
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

Booked this hotel as a last minute Christmas treat, for myself, husband and daughter. We were not disappointed.From the moment we arrived at reception, we were greeted very warmly. The room we were given was a Junior suite, which was very clean and spacious and had a great view out over Hyde Park. It had tea/cofee making facilities, fridge,Large screen TV, and large bathroom.

The breakfast was fantastic, with the usual cereal/fruit juices etc and then food cooked to order, all included in the price. which meant it was hot and fresh - not warmed under lights as in some other hotels.

Location wise, it is really close to Lancaster Gate Underground station, with easy access to London's West End. In the morning we had a lovely stroll through Hyde Park, which is just across the road.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, everyone from reception, housekeeping, and room service, and the General Manager John Murphy was brilliant, the service he offered was fantastic, he went out of his way to accomodate us, and nothing was too much trouble.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel, and certainly look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a great view out over Hyde Park
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Trip Trekker,

We are delighted to receive such a great review – thank you. We work hard to deliver great service every day and reviews like this give us all a great boost.

We hope that Thistle Hyde Park will now be “your” hotel in London and please contact me when you plan to return.

Best Wishes,