Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$492
Hotels.com$492
Priceline$489
Agoda.com$490
Preferred Hotels$492
ZenHotels.com$535
1,629 results
All reviews american bar green park game bird st james welcome home buckingham palace jermyn street main building junior suite piccadilly circus wonderful hotel quiet street small hotel the location is perfect wonderful stay west end luxury hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Beautiful hotel at St. James Place. Staff is extremely accommodating, the rooms are pretty, comfortable beds, and very clean. Ned Holder in guest relations contacted us before our stay offering his assistant for anything we required for our stay and welcomed us in person when we arrived. Charlie, their doorman, is a gem! If you want suggestions for interesting things to do and see, Charlie is your man! He gave us the best recommendations along with directions and interesting points of interest along the way. The hotel has its own pub, "The American Bar" which is both historic and lovely; you'll find a beautiful and classic interior along with outdoor tables in their pretty courtyard. This hotel was perfect for our first trip to London!

3  Thank MrsDuck2016
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2019

Dear MrsDuck2016,
I am delighted to read your lovely review following your first visit to us!
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Stafford and I thank you for highlighting the excellent service you received from Ned, Charlie and the team. Our stunning courtyard really is an Oasis in the heart of St James' and our famous American Bar is full of history and charm.
Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you back next time you are in London.
Best Regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2019

The staff at The Stafford is one of the best I have experienced. The guest manager Ned emailed us ahead of our trip and asked if we had any special needs, he greeted us as we arrived 4 hours early before check-in, and our room was ready after having a cup of coffee in the restaurant. The concierge was friendly providing maps, advice, and directions. Everyone was very friendly and made us feel welcome. The hotel is a block away from Picadilly and a short walk to Buckingham Palace and Trigalgar Square. The rooms were comfortable, but the AC controls were a bit slow to respond. The Gamebird restaurant was excellent and the American Bar is a neat bar to have right there in your own hotel. Overall, we had a great stay at The Stafford

Room tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor (room #121), very convenient. There is an elevator.
Date of stay: May 2019
4  Thank TexasLSUFan
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2019

Dear TexasLSUFan,
Thank you so much for posting this lovely review!
I'm so glad to hear that the team took such great care of you and made you feel welcome.
It's great to hear that our fabulous location worked for you, we really couldn't be better placed.
With our stunning Game Bird restaurant and the famous American Bar, we really do have some fabulous options.
I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to us very soon.
Best Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2019

My Mum has been staying here for over 10 years and I have been lucky to be with her on most of these visits. Most recently I was there with my daughter. I love this place and I feel like I am staying at someone's home versus in a big luxury hotel. The breakfast is amazing. The lobster mac and cheese is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and go out of their way to help you. On another visit in January 2019 my daughter had food poisoning and the staff went out of their way to see what she needed and how we could help. I can't recommend this place enough.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Lora S
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Dear Lora S,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.
The Stafford is indeed a "home from home" for many of our guests and I am delighted you have enjoyed your family stays with us over the years. I must also thank you for highlighting our sumptuous breakfasts and the attentive service you received. It's very pleasing to hear how the team rallied around in support when your daughter was taken ill in London. Hopefully it won't be too long before we have the chance to welcome you all back 'home' to The Stafford.

Reviewed May 6, 2019

My husband and I spent two weeks in London in a Deluxe King Room in the main building of this hotel. We loved it! Everyone who works there from the doorman, to the porters, the front desk staff, the housekeeping staff, and those who work in the restaurant and bar are extremely friendly, professional, respectful, courteous, and helpful. They all made us feel at home and wanted to ensure that our every desire was satisfied. For this reason alone we would stay here again.

Charlie, a doorman at this hotel for more than 20 years, is especially helpful and acts as an ambassador for the hotel, helping guests to understand all that the hotel has to offer. He can assist with things to see, directions, almost anything that you want to know.

The location of this hotel is ideal. It is perfectly central to anything that you want to see or do, with many key tourist attractions within close walking distance. It is also less than a five minute walk to the nearest Tube station.

Our room was representative of 19th century living. The furnishings were a bit old and the room was decorated in colors of a Victorian-age English garden. I enjoyed it but my husband thought it was a bit dowdy. The bathroom was a decent size and everything was covered in marble. Great water pressure in the shower. Plenty of space in the room for clothing. Nespresso machine. Daily newspaper. Continually replaced bottled water. Adjustable heat. Hair dryer, and a converter in case you forgot your own.

The American Bar is a wonderful place to enjoy cocktails and a light meal. There is a charming outdoor courtyard if you are here on a good weather day. There is also The Game Bird restaurant which has a wonderful menu and the best scallops that we've ever tasted. The only issue that I had with the restaurant is that people walk right through it to get to the bar. That seemed odd for such a nice restaurant, but I think it is all that they could do considering the layout of the old buildings. Not a worry though, you will still enjoy the restaurant.

Definitely try this hotel. It is located on a quiet street in an upscale neighborhood instead of a loud and busy area. After a hectic day in busy London, you will appreciate this change of pace. They also provide a website to pick you type of bedding, pillows, and various other options to personalize your stay for your comfort. A truly wonderful hotel near many good restaurants and brasseries.

3  Thank Christine G
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Dear Christine G,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
It really is such a pleasure to hear how well Charlie and the team looked after you.
Our team take great pride in delivering top service and we are blessed with some great characters throughout.
We are incredibly fortunate to have such a fantastic location, which is often a highlight for guests.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your room in the main house and all the little touches which made your stay more comfortable. It is so great you able to enjoy so many aspects of the hotel and once again I thank you for this very kind feedback. Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you both back 'home' to The Stafford before too long.

Reviewed May 1, 2019

I have stayed in many hotels in London in the past 5 years including Claridge's, the Dorchester and the Connaught and The Stafford is by far my favorite! First and foremost in the staff. They are just amazing when it comes to service and making you feel that you are their most important guest. After checkin, I was greeted by name by every staff member at all times. Even when arriving back at 1:30am. The location cannot be beat. Every morning starts with a run or walk in Green Park and a nod to Buckingham Palace. However, the hotel itself in tucked away in a mews that keeps the hustle and bustle away from your doorstep. A short walk and you are at Fortnum and Mason and Trafalgar Square. The rooms are beautifully appointed and the restaurant is worthy of a visit even if you are not staying at the Stafford. The morning breakfast buffet is outstanding and they even have a lovely courtyard in the back for drinks and lunch! When planning this last trip, we contacted the concierge desk for theatre tickets and reservations and Frank, Peter and Jack performed miracles and even got us into the Harry Potter Studios which had been sold out for weeks! The Stafford is a GLORIOUS hotel if you like quality, service and luxury. We have already booked another stay in September!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank 458ellenf
StuartProcter, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear 458ellenf,
It is such a pleasure to read your wonderful review!
There are lots of very good hotels in London, as you mentioned, but it is the staff that really make the difference. We are blessed with a brilliant team who go out out of their way to make you feel at home and I know that Frank, Peter, Jack and the rest of the team will be thrilled to hear your very kind feedback.
I really believe you have summed up the Stafford perfectly and I am so glad that you have experienced so many aspects of the hotel. From our stunning location in the heart of St James', our outstanding breakfasts in The Game Bird and our beautiful courtyard area at The American Bar.
I am delighted to hear that you due to return in September and we look forward to welcoming you back 'home'!