“Absolutely Beautiful”

Ranked #29 of 1,063 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Absolutely Beautiful”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We went to London to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of London Town. We surely picked the right place to stay. This is a luxury hotel at the top of its game. We stayed over Christmas and the carriage house was decked to the nines. The food is superb, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves tremendously. We liked the fact that The Stafford is in central London, but it is hidden away- so you truly get the feeling of being in the country when you walk through the courtyard. I would highly recommend THE STAFFORD!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnskylar
StaffordHotel, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Johnskylar,

Thank for telling us about your recent stay. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Christine Hodder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
australia
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a small traditional boutique hotel. The hotel is really very good, well maintained and very clean. Lots of staff. Attracts an older clientele. Food good but expensive. Hotel accommodation is also expensive. . Plumbing an ongoing negative issue. The rooms are very well appointed. Great position and location. Close to busy tube station. Concierge alwaysommewhat snobbish.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel over the Christmas period. The room was a little on the small side but adequate. Staff really friendly yet professional. I love that this hotel is a little secret hideaway in central London on a quiet street. The food though is fabulous. They have a new chef, and it's a vast improvement on the previous incumbent. Beautifully presented and top-end quality; I will be returning to dine when not staying in the hotel, for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel itself is nice with polite staff. But the rooms are tiny & overpriced. We had a room on the 6th floor with no view to speak of. The bathroom drains smelled terribly whenever taps were opened. We won't be returning.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Chanch
Dear Chanch,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback and while we are delighted to hear your positive comments about the staff, we are sorry that you also had some disappointing comments to make. We very much appreciate you being our guest and I am truly concerned to hear about your experience during the visit. Please accept our sincere apologies. Rest assured we have taken your comments on board and I would like to get in touch to discuss this further with you, if you are able to send your contact details to my assistant on sarah.pendrigh@kempinski.com . I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy a guest experience that truly reflects the service we provide.

Manchester, UK
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights on business mid-week and found it to be a very good hotel right by St James' Park.

I didn't have too much interaction with the staff but what I did have was very good both at check-in and at breakfast (continental breakfast was fine but the choice wasn't astonishing) where the service was very good.

I also sat in the bar for a while which was pleasant and, again, service is very good although it was pretty pricey and it was very busy and I'm not sure whether the clientele were guests or just well-heeled locals - everyone seemed to be suited and booted.

I was also a little surprised at how many bar tables had 'reserved' signs on them. I didn't know people reserved tables in a hotel bar.

My room was excellent, decent size for a London room and well appointed - nothing I could complain about there.

The only thing that I can't comment on is the price as someone else picked up the tab for me but I suspect it's pricey based on where it is and that might be the only thing that might stop me staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Outstanding location but the intransigence and arrogance of the hotel management ruins it. Mostly obnoxious yanks stay at this hotel. Stay away. Rooms are tiny, food mediocre, service is lousy and way, way over priced

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank azeemer
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Azeemer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We very much appreciate you being our guest and I am truly concerned to hear about your experience during the visit. Please accept our sincere apologies. Rest assured we have taken your comments on board and I would like to get in touch to discuss this further with you, if you are able to send your contact details to my assistant on sarah.pendrigh@kempinski.com . I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy a guest experience that truly reflects the service we provide.

Framlingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I can't fault this hotel (well only that they modernised the American bar so it lost its atmosphere. This bar has many memories for me.) I have been coming here for decades and it continues to be pure pleasure. It is small, superbly located, with personal attention from the staff and luxurious rooms (on the small side by international standards). I always have smoked haddock and poached egg for breakfast and this time was better than ever. I got a better room rate this time than the last occasion a couple of years back and for the standard of the hotel it really wasn't expensive. I was cautious about the "Kempinski" name which it has gained since I was last there but I needn't have worried.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business