The Stafford London
$215
$159
Priceline
1,285 results
All reviewsamerican bargreen parkst jamesgame birdcarriage housebuckingham palacethe main housejermyn streetjames parkpiccadilly circushome away from homethe general managerconcierge staffwonderful staywest endwonderful hotelthe ritz
Reviewed December 8, 2012

A super location in the middle of one of the nicest districts of London , the building is a wonderfull contition , the people very friendly and the rooms wide and bride. They have a excellent roomservice and a nice sigerbar ! the backentrance overlook a magnificant yard with former stables and places for there grooms ,where transformed to nice suites , nice detail the all have names of famous racehorses

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DannyR2
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback following your recent stay with us.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you home again soon.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at The Stafford which is in the heart of St James's but just off the beaten track. The hotel staff are warm and welcoming and the decor of the hotel is very 'homely', yet modern. We stayed in a Queen sized room on the second floor of the main house, but there are other options in The Mews or in the Carriage House (part of the old stable block).

When you look at 5* hotels in London, some are overly priced and a bit in your face with either too much bling, or very 'old style' decor, but this wonderful gem is discreet and felt very 'homely' with a warm intimate atmosphere. The food and overall service provided by the staff is excellent just as you would expect from this level of hotel.

Would we return back again? This is one hotel that is definitely worth a return visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paderewski

Thank you for your excellent feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We used to stay at the Stafford years ago and this was our first visit under new management. The most lovely surprise was that the staff had not changed and was as friendly and helpful as years gone by.
The hotel has been updated; the lighting is greatly improved. The food and service is excellent. We were upgraded to a king room, but the maid's closet was opposite and it was a bit noisy in the morning.
We used to stay in the mews but the American bar overflows outside now so I imagine it is not the quiet oasis it used to be. It is incredibly expensive but the location is wonderful, especially when you know about the tunnel directly to Green Park. The only thing that was lacking was internet. The free internet connection was useless, and six pounds an hour is out of line for access. Amazing, that really could make a difference in whether we returned. Catering to business expense accounts I suppose.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank f00lme0nce
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

I am very glad that you felt welcomed home when returning to The Stafford even after years. It is very important for me to keep my team as they know your needs better than any computer system would. I appreciate your comments in regards to the complimentary internet connection and we are looking into possibilities to increase the speed in the new year.

Thank you again for your review. The team and I hope to welcome you back 'home' very soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed for one night at The Stafford and I can honestly say this has to be one of the best hotels I have stayed in and having experienced some of the top hotels like The Savoy and The Dorchester that is a huge compliment. A lovely quiet intimate atmosphere pervades the hotel and the staff are efficient, smiling and discreet. Fantastic location within 15 mins walk of Oxford Street. We had a gorgeous room in the annexe if the hotel and couldn't have been more delighted with it. The only critique I have is the lack of coffee and tea making facilities but that is just a personal taste. Loved this hotel so much. Thank you for having us!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank friendlymeLondon
StaffordHotelGM, General Manager at The Stafford London, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

What a fantastic compliment - thank you very much for your very kind words. I am thrilled you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and my team is delighted, too. When you return to The Stafford, please let us know at the time of booking that you would like tea and coffee making facilities in your room and we shall be delighted to arrange that with our compliments.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Stafford in the hopefully not too distant future!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had a room at the rear of the hotel in what used to be the stables. The layout was a bit odd but I liked it nevertheless. The service was so-so but all in all, a nice and very central place to stay. A bit on the pricy side!

Room Tip: Really you should try the carriage house rooms - preferably on the ground floor. Good experience.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Softlanding

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Carriage House. I am however concerned about your comments regarding your feelings in regards to the service you received. If you wish to elaborate further on this, please contact me directly here at The Stafford.

I hope to welcome you back to The Stafford soon!