“Your manor in London” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Langham, London
Ranked #48 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Your manor in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Treat yourself to a generous slice of London's best. A traditional hotel with flowers and high teas and marble floors and tops and tails and Crystal chandeliers with every conceivable comfort of home. Enjoy the large beds, plush decor, Turndown service and a variety of dining and drinking outlets that are a beehive of activity till late into the night. Fantastic breakfast at the Roux at the Landau and warm friendly welcomes when you return.
Frankly, I hated to leave and so would you. In an age of acrylic and plastic, the Langham is pure gold.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jairaj H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I recently stayed at this lovely, elegant hotel and the first thing you notice when you enter is the beautiful flower arrangements entirely of roses and the wonderful scent coming from them. The Front Desk staff were very friendly and the checkin was made very easy.
The decor in the room was a little tired, but it was very clean and well presented and there was no clutter which was great. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows, it was the best night's sleep I have had in a hotel in a very long time.
Unfortunately we didn't dine at the hotel as we had made other plans but next time we will! However, we enjoyed an early evening cocktail in the bar and a nightcap on our return and with lots of people there was a great atmosphere with staff effortlessly serving everyone and helping them choose from the extensive cocktail list..
The location is fantastic, I would rate it as one of the best hotels I have I had the pleasure of staying at and I have been fortunate to stay in many around the world.
Thank you for making the experience so enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Chappaqua, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Langham. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms very comfortable and the service impeccable. Roux and Artesian restaurant and bar were spectacular. Location was fine but maybe not ideal for family sightseeing. close to tube and shopping but not so close to major tourist sites.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jmk10514
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

From the moment you walk in, you are taken away from the bustling streets of London to a classic, elegant yet modern retreat. The soft music, the fresh scent and the sparkling decor around you makes you feel instantly relaxed and sets the scene for the high levels of professionalism and customer care you receive during your stay.

Visiting the Langham London with my fiancé to celebrate my birthday, we were extremely lucky to receive a complimentary upgrade. The room was stunning, from the intricate bird and branch inspired lamps to the polished glasses, the decor was just the perfect balance of femininity, luxury and romance. I love the little details and extras, such as the Alice in Wonderland story book and the pretty stationery.

We were surprised to hear the doorbell ring, opening to it receive a birthday present of delicious truffles and a handwritten card wishing us a wonderful stay.

We decided to eat at the Roux at the Landau, stopping off for an exquisite raspberry lychee cocktail at the Artesian bar beforehand. The food at the restaurant was incredible, during desert I stopped midway through my conversation as I was just stunned by the beautiful taste of the maple ice cream served with my bitter chocolate millefeuille.

We were simply blown away by our stay here, and were very sad to leave. We will always have fond memories of our stay and look forward to staying again in the future. Although, just as I feared, once returning to normality, it has been difficult to adjust to lower everyday standards of customer service, and we are in danger of becoming incredibly annoying perfectionists! As we said when we went onto another restaurant for lunch after checking out, "it's good, but it's not the Langham!"

K.C

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We just returned from our trip to London after staying at the Langham for 4 nights (3 couples). What a treat! Fresh flowers, marble floors, clean, bright rooms, and the location was perfect! (Just a short walk to the Oxford Circus Tube!) The staff was incredibly pleasant and responsive. The check in was an easy process as was check out. Artesian, the hotel bar, is a delight as was the palm court where we had breakfast each morning. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks Cavendish Square. Otherwise you'll be facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I was impressed with the Langham from the moment I arrived, being greeted by my name by a very pleasant lady in a pink dress who promptly assisted me to the reception desk. The swift check-in was greatly appreciated after a pleasant but long flight from the Philippines, extended by a diversion to Manchester for additional fuel all caused by air traffic delays at London.
I was thirsty and was escorted to the lounge where before getting to the business of unpacking, I had some much needed coffee and a bit of quiet time.
My room was comfortable, not huge, but ample for my needs. Most important, it was comfortable and well-maintained throughout my 10 day stay. Especially appreciated was the wall appointed and large bathroom.
Breakfast was included in my room rate and I enjoyed it each morning at the hotel's Palm Court, where service was excellent.
The staff were excellent through out. Requests were handled swiftly and with style and courtesy. No request was too great. No question too small.
The location of the hotel makes it perfect for many of the attractions and much of the shopping one would want in London.
My highest recommendation for any hotel: I look forward to returning to the Langham and I hope it is soon.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the inner square of the hotel. There was no view. But it was very quiet and af...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have just returned from our trip to the Langham Hotel.

It is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel is in a perfect location and the different areas & rooms are stunning! The staff cannot do enough to help you and think of everything!!

We had dinner in the Palm Court one evening which was divine.

I will 100% definitely return before the end of the year!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a front facing room with a view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple