“Grand Elegant Style”

Ranked #45 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Grosse Pointe Far
“Grand Elegant Style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently stayed four nights in a Grand room with my seventeen year old son, while touring London colleges. The hotel lobby, reception and restaurant area are extremely elegant and full of old European grandeur. The staff are courteous and friendly; we were pleased to be able to check into our room immediately upon arrival at 11:30 am, rather than at the 3:00 check in time. Our room was nice, the beds were comfortable, but it was a bit smaller than I expected - which is not to say that it was less than the quoted 301 square feet, only that it felt cramped. I felt like all the impressive elements of the hotel sort of ended once we left the lobby. I would stay there again, but I would book a higher grade room.

Room Tip: The "classic" and the "grand" rooms are both rather small hotel rooms in a very...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here recently while enjoying a few days shopping in London. I've not stayed at a Langham property before but they are certainly going on my list for the future! Service, style and comfort all wrapped up into a neat luxurious package made this stay a true delight from check in to check out. While the hotel had the usual top notch trappings associated with a luxury hotel the staff truly made the Langham London stand out of the crowd. From the first moment the hotel staff picked us up at the airport (extra charge) to helping us load our bags into the taxi when we departed I have to say I felt like royalty!

The only drawback I can honestly say I found was some of the other guests! A few too many people with their noses pinned up spoiled the atmosphere on occasion but you can hardly blame the hotel for that :).

The hotel restaurants are superb and room service quick and polite. In all the services extend the theme of dedication to a refined customer experience without going totally over the top. To e honest I think I liked the pink floral print paper the bill was printed on the most!

Two Woots for the Langham London chaps!
Happy travelling,
Ben

Room Tip: Go for the Grand Deluxe rooms... worth the extra few pounds to enjoy the best the hotel has to offer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you arrive you are treated royally. The training of staff at Langham hotels must come from way above. The treatment was equal to the wonderful stay we had at the Langham in Boston last year. We felt that the staff's interest in taking care of our every desire was genuine. We have stayed at other 5 star Hotels that come across as though they care but it then seemed insincere. Not here at the Langham. We got a room upgrade to a wonderful spacious properly appointed room. The breakfast was tasty and had many options. The location is perfect for the theater district. The concierge staff were teriffic, helpful and great recommendations. The rooms were much larger than some of the hotels we had stayed in the past in London.
This IS the place to stay when in London.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have been slowly working my way through the tea guild's list of best places to take high tea and for me The Langham is the best. I have now had tea there 3 times and on every occasion the service was impeccable and the food and tea delightful. If you are on the 5-7 sitting you will be in for a lovely surprise at 7pm however I won't ruin it by telling you what it is. I love this place for tea and highly recommend it. Just in case you're wondering, I don't work for the Langham and I'm not associated with them in any way.
Sylvia

Room Tip: Go with an empty stomach!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Langham hotel offers a high quality service to all guests. It sophisticated elegance ensures that you feel that your every need can and will be met. Friendly and helpful staff deliver a great overall experience for guests. The decor and ambience of the hotel cannot be overstated, I loved it: and I am looking forward to booking another visit in the near future.

Room Tip: I booked this hotel via the secret hotel deals available on last minute.com and got a great deal wit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I spent an evening in the bar recently. The service was excellent, very attentive, friendly and thoughtful with suggestions. The cocktails were really fun. One cocktail we ordered came with aromatic dry ice. A little pricey, but probably what you would expect at this kind of hotel. Not stuffy at all - the clientele were a really mixed bunch, so you didn't feel you had to be suited and booted to have a drink.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was my first stay at the Langham. The room was booked tru American Express and as such I was entitled to an upgrade. The Langham went beyond the usual upgrade setting me up in one of the Club rooms, larger and with access to the Club lounge. The room is well fitted and of a high standard. The bathroom, while roomy unfortunately has a very small shower of about 6 sq. ft. but there is a large tub. I just wish temperature could be controlled independantly in the bathroom from the bedroom as I would have preferred it warmer. The Club lounge provides breakfast, afternoon tea and light dinner. It is set up as a self serve buffet with many choices for breakfast and a selection of canapes that varies every day. This makes it wonderful as too many establishments simply have the same menu. Wine and cocktails are also included throughout the day and champagne (Laurent Perrier) is also available. Its all part of thye Club package. Add to this a wonderful staff with a cheery disposition and you have a recipe for a wonderful stay. I have done many hotels in London and this is definitely the best I have been at so far.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo