“Great small hotel”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #199 of 1,071 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 2, 2014

It's easy to get to and in the center of everything! Everyone was very helpful, and the British museum was a block away. The bus stop is right out front, two metros a block either way, and kings cross train station nearby. Old hotel bones, but totally remodeled room. Lots of places to eat nearby, and you can walk to the Thames

Room Tip: We got the top corner room, great views
1  Thank john g
There are newer reviews for Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley

Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is a good hotel in central London. Staff are helpful and friendly especially those on reception. My room was clean and comfortable. Room service was delivered quickly and was very good with plenty to choose from. Breakfast was good as well. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was my third stay at the Kingsley, each time as good as the last. A great location, within walking distance of Covent Garden and the West End. Lovely modern room with all amenities. Staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. Will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: All rooms I've stayed in have been lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lesley D
Reviewed April 30, 2014

visited the kingsley (25/04/14) with my husband , sister and brother in law for a night while visiting london on a adult only trip . this is my 2nd stay at the kingsley and it lived up to my expectations as before . rooms are clean and modern with a great power shower . located on the 2nd floor and at the back made it a good night sleep . in the morning had a great breakfast with lots of variety such as full english , cererals and fresh fruit . my only little moan is the service charge on the drinks bill on a night cap in the bar . would return in the future .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear guest,
Your return visit is much appreciated and good to learn we met your expectations. Glad to read you had a good sleep and good food.
The service charge is discretionary, is in line with majority of establishment across London and most of UK.
Thank you for your will to return. We look forward to welcome you soon.
Sudhanshu

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in April - party of two.

The location of the hotel is amazing, especially for anyone visiting London for the first time. Walking distance to almost everything you would want to see.

The service seemed always to be top notch. I booked the "Deluxe double room" and it was very decent room on the fifth floor.

I do however have one big complain about the hotel. The doors at the rooms are equipped with a pump that automatically closes the door. However when the doors are closing it slams so it gets extremely noisy. So when people start going in and out for breakfast after 07:00 and when they start cleaning the rooms you start hearing door-slamming all around you. This was incredibly annoying. I was waking up between 5-20 times in the morning due to the door slamming. I have actually never encountered anything like this before anywhere.

My last night there the noise got even worse when I started hearing drilling and hammering non-stop on the floor above me. It got so bad we had to leave the room sooner than intended and check-out because we couldn't stay in the room in this noise. Person at the reception told me they were re-doing bathrooms on the floor just above ours..
Those noises adding to the door slamming sounds kind of ruined otherwise what would have been a great stay.

Room Tip: Construction going on across the street so room facing the other direction might be quieter to some...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Valdimar J
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley.

I am glad you found the hotels location to your convenience, deluxe double room decent and most importantly, service top notch.
However, I am sorry to hear the inconvenience you faced due to the slamming doors. These are the fire doors which are heavy and can hold fire up to 30minutes, during the day from 7am to 11 pm they are held open with auto release magnetic hold.
We are in process of refurbishing the bathroom floors; please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance from the same.
I would also like to thank you for bringing these issues to our notice, I shall ensure they are looked after and other guests do not face the similar inconveniences.
May I request you to kindly contact me next time you are planning to visit London, I shall ensure you have a seamless experience with us.
Sudhanshu.Rathee@thistle.co.uk

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at the Kingsley Thistle, and as excellent as ever.
From checking in to checking out, every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful.
Fab room, lovely breakfast, perfect location. Wouldn't stay anywhere else apart from the Kingsley on our trips to London.
Thank you! :)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Your loyalty and a wonderful review of your most recent visit are much appreciated. It’s a pleasure to learn all aspects of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley make your stay with us a wonderful one.
May I recommend joining our generous ‘Signature’ loyalty programme online.
We shall ensure to continue to provide you with a lovely experience.
Sincerely yours
S Rathee

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week around Easter weekend and couldn't have been happier with the room and service. Clean, central, quiet, comfortable and generally a great place to come back to after a long day of site seeing.

The staff were friendly, helpful, and truly made us feel at home even giving away chocolates for all on Easter Saturday. I can't say enough wonderful things about this place and would HIGHLY recommend staying here.

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley and that the team looked after you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
S Rathee