“Can't fault it!”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #168 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Can't fault it!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 1 night whilst visiting London. The hotel was reasonably priced, as we advance purchased, and all staff were extremely friendly!

The hotel is in a great location, close to Covent Garden, Soho, Oxford Street etc. It was recently refurbished and was nice and clean throughout. Our room was smallish but aren't most in London. The breakfast was very good. Basically a great hotel and we'd definitely return!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jay T
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Really appreciate your generous feedback about the best features of our lovely hotel. I am sorry the room size was not to your expectation, we do have various categories from Deluxe to Executive and Jr. Suites which are up to 40sq m.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and a wish to return. We look forward to welcome you back soon.
Warm regards
Sudhanshu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been to stay October,1week.I trip to London is first time,with my mother.This hotel stuff,every person we met,were nice and kindly ! I usually don't write review like this site,But I promised they 'How wonderful the hotel,we stay.'And also,In Japan,the hotel ranking too low level than I felt, So I want tell evereverybody,who reference this site.
This thistle bloomsberry is one of my favorite hotel,I have been to overseas.this was nice location,near the British Museum,and interior is good sense ,soft,and warm stuff everywhere.If you have want to stay such like,,I recommended the hotel!
I want to stay again sometime,really I want.
Thank you every stuff we met,Someday in future I want live in uk,and when the time come,Absolutely stay this hotel once more.
Have a nice happy new year !

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank yukkokko515
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking out your time to write such a lovely review of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley and recommending it. So lovely to read it’s your favourite hotel. We look forward to welcome you soon.
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Excellent! Service was superb. Food was great. Lovely hotel. Staff were very attentive. Cleanliness of hotel was above average. Location of hotel is fantastic. Planning to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MoLuwana
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing to say at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley and for your review. I am pleased to read you found us to be a ‘Lovely hotel’ with attentive staff, fantastic location and above average cleanliness. Feedback like yours keeps us working hard to ensure we give the best product and service to our esteemed guests.
Glad to know you’d like to visit us again, we shall be eagerly waiting to welcome you soon.
Diss, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayed here on December 18th for a Christmas outing and was impressed by the politeness and enthusiasm of the staff. At the front desk I was efficiently booked in and given a map and walking directions when I requested how to reach a nearby restaurant.
My room was on the 5th floor, it was very cosy, with an immaculately clean bathroom and nice green tea and ginger products. This is obviously an old building and I found the original leaded corridor doors and wrought iron staircase, gave an exclusive and more boutique hotel ambiance.
The bed was comfortable, there was a good size wardrobe and dressing area, the room was well lit and there was super fast FREE wifi included. I opted to pay for breakfast the night before and was given a discount voucher. Breakfast was excellent with a good quality cooked offering as well as continental, excellent coffee and again friendly and professional servers.
This is a great location for the my old Dutch restaurant and Hatton and Covent Garden are within easy walking distance.
At the end of my stay I was asked if I needed a taxi and this was hailed for me by the concierge, so I did not need to wait in the cold.
Above average service at a good price and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Mine was 523, no special view but cosy and very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Hotelaholic63
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.
Lovely to read that the location, product, price and staff of Thistle Holborn, the Kingsley met your expectations.
I look forward to welcome you soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Had a lovely stay at this hotel for a theatre and shopping trip this weekend. The staff were extremely efficient, pleasant and professional and nothing was a problem for them. The room was spotless, big, comfortable and modern with lots of facilities.
The location was perfect being very near to all the theatres and right at the top of oxford street! I would say that it was worth the money although I would have liked to see the breakfast be included with the price that we payed but i just put this down to london hotels being generally more expensive.
Overall, we had a lovely stay and would recommend anyone to stay here for that extra touch of luxury without a huge price tag.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Merry Christmas.
Thank you for your lovely review. It’s a genuine pleasure to learn the team’s professional and efficient service and made someone’s holiday special. That is what we strive for and thank you for endorsing it. Indeed the location of Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley is near perfect for shoppers, theatregoers, museum interested and even corporate guests. I am glad you found the rooms clean and spacious, and the price right.
I look forward to welcome you very soon.
Sudhanshu
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We got upgraded to a junior suite due to a mix up with our original reservation. The hotel were very apologetic and we were fully compensated. Staff were friendly, helpful & polite. Room was lovely, clean and modern with a fantastic location! Around 5 minute walk to Holborn St.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Merry Christmas.
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you had a lovely stay with us, at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley. Please accept my sincere apologies for the mix up with your reservation. I am pleased the team made it up to you.
I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We loved the location (on central underground line), the value for money of the breakfast (only 10 gbp if reserved in advance), and the hotel overall.

The room was beautiful, maybe on the small side, but had everything we needed. Only minor downside was the hardness of the bed.
The staff's enthusiasm is marvelous.

Overall a great stay in a great hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sudhanshu R, Relationship Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your feedback and for your positive comments regarding Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley's great location and the excellent service. The team is thrilled to know that they could enhance the experience of your stay. I am sorry to learn the mattress was not quite to your liking, thank you for bringing it to our notice. Relevant department has been advised to look in to it.
I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.