“Loved it!”

Ranked #166 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night here for work. What I really loved about this place was I didn't hear any noise from neighbouring guests. Fantastic! Is it specifically sound proofed?!
I had a great room tucked away in a corner, very modern, cool bathroom and brill shower. All very comfy and clean.
I didn't have a full breakfast as we had an early start after a late night and I couldn't face it but it all looked fine. My only negative comment would be the 'toast' looked as though it hadn't even smelt a toaster, so underdone I thought it was a joke!
I would go back, though, given the chance, as for central London this is ideal and relatively quiet outside. That in itself is a big bonus! Thank you Thistle!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Judi M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

we had a bad experience the first time round... We was told we could stay again for free next time but was asked if we could remove our trip advisor review!

so we staying at the upgraded room... all i can say is it isn't much of an upgrade... its the same as the cheaper room we stayed in last time

its the same furniture and decor, the only difference is there is a couple extra chairs and a TV
its not worth paying more for a tiny bit more space and a extra TV
the decor and furniture looks cheap and dated

the Ipod dock is really bad quality

once again there was no toothpaste, last time i had my own toothpaste
this time around i forgot to pack it

I call room service to ask for toothpaste, I am told by the man on the phone.... To give him a few minutes
he may not be able to get any... than he knocks on the door with a tiny toothpaste tube and says to me that it was the last one

he was talking to me like i should be so grateful!

its a damn hotel are they not meant to have this in our rooms?!

this was the same guy as last time who was miserable and just handed us the bucket of ice

we was told we can have free breakfast... the food was really nice until i ate some eggs and it was crunchy not once but 3 times i ate egg with a crunchy taste

its a shame cause i see all these other people giving this hotel such good praise but the times we stayed it was bad
we wont be staying here ever again

and we wont be removing our reveiws on this hotel

to ask us to remove post is cheeky of them

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Staff was exremely helpful and friendly, room was avaialble early to ccomodate us after an overnight flight, the room was clean and adequate. The location was not the best, but OK. Breakfast was adequate but a bit pricey. All-in-all, a very good value for the price we paid and we would definitely stay there again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYtraveler729
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for a weekend. Terrific location and so easily accessible to everywhere. The room needed a little love though...carpets were dirty, areas that looked old, etc. we didn't eat there--so can't discuss food. Concierge wasn't too helpful when we were looking for info.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is perfect for shopping and going to the theatre. Covent garden is a 5 minute leisurely stroll which is the ideal place to be in London in my opinion.

The hotel is classed as 4 star, I've stayed in lots of better 4 stars I have to stay. The hotel room (deluxe double) was comfortable but really just slightly better than a Premier Inn room due to the furnishing being a bit more personable.

The bathroom was nice but there was a cracked tile in the bathroom and the shower would intermittently lose pressure then scald you, this happened a lot but you quickly learnt to anticipate the change in water temperature!

The room had a decent sized flat screen tv, a safe, an ironing board and a hair dryer, the hair dryer was a bonus as it was a proper one i.e. not one stuck to the wall in the bathroom which blows cold air.

The hotel has 2 lifts which was good and we never had to wait long for one arriving.

The staff were also very friendly and loaned me a hotel umbrella when it was raining.

Would I stay here again, yes. It was average, no where near a bad hotel but if someone told me it was a 3 star I would be rating it higher.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The location is very good,the room nice and warm ,very clean.The problem with this hotel is that they have very rigid policy .We ordered something in the room and we were told that we need to open an account before, in other words I was asked to pay before ordering.Eventually, we were served after half an hour and after i explained to them that they have my credit card and they can charged me easily.
A big minus, no refrigerator in room.The staff very professional but very cold.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed November 11, 2013

A friend and I went to London for 4 days of shopping and entertainment. We were really only looking for a hotel with large-enough, twin-bed rooms within walking distance to Covent Garden and the tube and found this hotel to offer that and so much more. From the overwhelmingly friendly and helpful staff, to the well-appointed rooms featuring all the right conveniences, and from the highly accessible location, to the nevertheless very quiet rooms, we enjoyed our stay and can recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. We had paid for our room in advance and had everything the way we wanted it upon arrival, even down to our request for reading pillows on the beds (great idea!).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends