“Superior hotel”

Ranked #170 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bolton, UK
“Superior hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times when travelling on business. I always have excellent service and a quick check in/ out. All rooms I have stayed in have been spacious, clean and with deluxe fittings. It's one of the best hotels I have stayed in and always exceeds my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank JaneM_T2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My niece & myself stayed at the Kingsley Thistle on 27th/28th Sept. From the time we checked in to when we checked out, the service was faultless. The reception staff are very welcoming and knowledgeable. The hotel is spotless, the beds are comfy and breakfast is plentiful with lots of choice.
Very close to Covent Garden. A perfect place to stay for a weekend visit.

Room Tip: Rooms round the back of hotel seemed to be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Southborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed in London for a few nights while my brother was visiting. I was hoping that this hotel really would live up to the previous reviews and it did. The price for being so centrally located is really fantastic. The hotel is a small hotel which I prefer. Within walking distance to several underground stops. And also within walking distance to Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street shops.

Staff is very welcoming and helpful. My room was in a back part of the hotel with a view of a quiet street. And it really was a quiet room. The only down side to this for some guests might be the stairs. You can get a room where you can take the elevator but some of the rooms do require quite a few stairs so if that is an issue for you, mention it when you make your reservation. The room itself was very clean, typically small for the city, very nice and updated bathroom. Watch out for that sink though! If you put the water on too strong you'll get your front all wet (happened to both me and my friend). It think it's just shallow and that is why it happened.

I did not book a room with the breakfast included but decided to add it when I arrived. For the 10GBP that they charged it was totally worth it. I noticed that the price difference when you book a room with the breakfast included it's more than 10 GBP so I would wait until you are there an then get the breakfast vouchers. Very good buffet and excellent wait staff. Giuseppe was our waiter and he was very happy to answer questions about London. Very friendly.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are in the back part of the hotel but may require stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I would definitely stay here again. We stayed for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the hotel. It is close to the tube station, Covent Garden. I meant to take a picture of the gorgeous stairway, but forgot to -- but the hotel itself is both modern and timeless. A great deal! The only suggestion I might have is to have a concierge that speaks better English! We could never understand what he was saying.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cindy W
Toowoomba
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived rather jet lagged from a long flight and the hotel staff were very warm and friendly. It is in a good location and our room was clean and roomy. The bed was comfortable and we both had a good night's sleep. The breakfast which was part of the deal was excellent and we also dined there one evening for dinner. Again good service and a willingness to make sure everything was to our liking. My husband's lamb shank was rather "tough" and he finally decided to notify our waitress who immediately spoke to the chef and he was given another choice from the menu (no charge). We were also offered a free dessert. Could not ask for more and the second meal was very good.
Highly recommended as a place to stay close to the major London train stations, the British Museum, Covent Garden and the Holborn Tube station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed in a twin deluxe room for a weekend break. The hotel is not as grand or opulent as some in London, but has its own modern / old building twists with concierge and 24 hour front desk service.

Our room on the second floor (211) was modern, newly refurbished and nice and clean with room for two chairs a small table and good dressing table area with make up mirror and chair along with a lovely large walk in shower. Some may find that the view looking out on a fire escape wasn't what they wanted but tucked away at the back of the hotel, it was very quiet at night just what you need to sleep well after a busy day in London. There was a safe in the room also which was handy, indeed the only negative we found was no fridge in the room which would have been useful for storing water / wine etc. Staff were very friendly and helpful and eager to please. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Simply incredible - for ALL the right reasons. Location is awesome, very close to Covent Garden (4 min walk) and only 3 mins to metro. The staff are EXCELLENT - I have never, ever, come across more attentive staff (and I travel a lot). Their local knowledge is second to none and they are genuinely nice people. The rooms are good - nothing to write home about, but for London - that's a huge plus! Beds a comfy, bathroom is clean, AC works (big bonus for summer). We arrived at 8:00am and they checked us in early. I will never stay anywhere else in London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple