“Fabulous modern hotel within a stones throw of lots of tourist locations, loved it.”

Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley
Ranked #207 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here, had a kingsize double room which was lovely, very clean and spacious. Hotel staff were friendly especially the restaurant staff at breakfast, they were extremely helpful and attentive. Hotel is just off New Oxford St and took about 10 mins to get to Oxford Circus and Covent Garden but Holburn tube is only 5 minutes walk away do you're ideally placed to get around London easily. Will definitely stay there again and would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank TheGitts
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I was pleased to read your comments about the team.

The hotel is in a great location for West End theatres, the British Museum as well as Oxford Circus and Covent Garden.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

stayed here for 2 nights after backpacking through Spain for a month. The hotel was very well located being only a short walk from the tube station and almost opposite the British Museum. I arrived in the early afternoon and my room was already made up so I was able to check in immediately. I was given a double room at the back of the hotel which was very quiet. I could not hear any outdoor noise nor any other guests. The room was large and spacious and the bed was excellent. The bathroom was very modern although the hot water played up a little when showering (but nothing significant). I also ordered room service on my first night. Due to the number of orders it took approximately 45 mins to be delivered but the hotel staff called me to apologise and also provided a complimentary desert which i thought was a thoughtful touch. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again when I visit London next.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as they are quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Alana J

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great location, friendly service, fabulous buffet breakfast. Rooms quite and clean but fairly basic and on the small side. Excellent for a shortbreak!

Room Tip: Definitely get a king room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Holborn, The Kingsley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Booked this through late rooms as one of their top secret hotels. Could not fault it. Arrived on early train arriving at hotel 10am Saturday morning. Concierge more than happy to look after our bags before check in allowing us to take advantage of a full day before checking in. Rooms exceptionally clean, large beds, rooms a little on small side but ample room for one night. On check in was offered breakfast vouchers at £10 per head, extremely good value for hotel breakfast in London. On check out on Sunday morning, concierge offered to look after bags for day before leaving for journey home. This hotel is exceptional value in one of the most convenient locations in London.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Special Birthday weekend as tourists! Lovely hotel, location and staff, but, everything we ordered was very haphazzard! Saturday morning breakfast was late and rather cold, newspaper didn't arrive, Sunday mornng breakfast delivered in our time set, but, luke warm. Such a shame as The Kingsley has everything going for the location, staff etc, just needs a little 'tweeking' to bring it up to what one would consider a four star location in London. Very peaceful room (6th floor), all very clean and a very comfy bed. Being a little picky, but, attention to detail could be worked on! Thank you all for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: If possible, I would imagine rooms to the side of the hotel are quieter, being on the 6th floor I...

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Having joined the hotel earlier this month I hope to ensure procedures are in place to prevent some of the issues that you experienced from occuring again in the future.

Please contact me directly when you next plan to visit London and I personally ensure that you have an enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were in London to celebrate a friends' birthday and just wanted an overnight stay in a hotel close to Covent Garden. This was the best priced hotel as most hotels had almost doubled their prices due to the London Marathon event that weekend. I was impressed that we got a 4 star hotel for that price, even though breakfast was not included, but could be obtained separately.We had booked a deluxe twin room. We were impressed from the start as the staff were exceptionally accommodating and friendly. I had requested a room on the top floor which was quiet and we got exactly what i had asked for, with a view of the BT tower too. The room was spotless and the decor fresh and new and modern. the en-suite bathroom was lovely and modern too.

Although it was a deluxe twin room, it was quite small, and did feel a little claustrophobic. It was a twin bedded room but the beds are actually right next to each other. Bar prices a little pricey.....a vodka and coke and a vodka lime and soda was £13.50.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor quiet room...we had room 611...superb
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The location of the hotel is great. It only takes 15 minutes to stroll from King's Cross and from the hotel it is only 5/10 minutes to Covent Garden and merely a short walk to the underground if you wish to venture further afield. Also the British Museum is only around the back of the hotel.

The rooms are small but excellently finished and the bed large and comfortable. The bathroom was well fitted including a raining style shower. The staff were helpful and talked us though how to get wherever we wanted to go.

If staying for breakfast buy a pre-paid voucher the night before to save yourself £7!

For central London this hotel is nicely priced, well fitted and most of all in a great location. Would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Crouch3005

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel in a great location for Covent Garden and the British Museum.