V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum

Ways to Experience V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum
from $19.60
More Info
22,016 results
All reviews pink floyd alexander mcqueen decorative arts beautiful building on display free entry few hours rainy day exhibits galleries revolution clothing costumes culture shoes donation centuries
Reviewed today via mobile

Only tend to go here to see specific exhibitions....but they are good. Quiet place and usually not packed. Nice cafe.

Reviewed today

This is an astounding and incredible work of art, with detailed and interesting intertwined torsos that are seemingly infinite! See my pics below. Go now, its free

Reviewed today via mobile

Established by Prince Albert for an exposition in 1852, it continues to this day to educate artists and designers. Queen Victoria added to the collections and made sure it continued in perpetuity as an honor to Alberts vision

It was exciting to be surrounded be artists, instructors and visitors who enjoyed all facets of design and art. I can’t say I have ever had this much fun spending an entire day in a museum.

Reviewed today via mobile

The exhibition was excellent, full of artefacts and very informative. The way we were hearded through though left a lot to be desired. The feeling inside the exhibition can only be likened to cattle on a truck. This together with low positioned and badly illuminated information plaques, often hidden by other ‘cattle’, left one guessing the background to a large proportion of the photos etc. Such a shame for an amazing collection.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This was my first visit to the V&A. It was on my London itinerary several times and got pushed, and I barely made it this time.
I arrived with about an hour before closing.
My fault. So much to see I probably could have spent half a day there.

I especially liked the theatre arts displays and the sculptures and architecture. I’d like to go back to try the historically accurate Victorian afternoon tea served on Fridays. Reservations required.

When it’s closing time the staff are not shy about letting you know. There was a Frida Kahlo exhibit at the time and I made a wrong turn into the exhibit area trying to find an exit. Even after I righted myself and was walking away, one of the staff dressed as Frida chased after me to make sure I knew the exhibit and the museum were closing.

On my next visit I will definitely prioritize a return trip to the V&A to make sure I allow myself enough time.

If you’re exploring the area and want to add on some other attractions, the Natural History Museum (and ice skating rink in the winter), Science Museum, Royal Albert Hall, and Harrods are all nearby.

1  Thank LVNVRichard
Reviewed yesterday

It's a must-see, the building itself is magical and apart from the permanent exhibition they always have exhibitions that shouldn't be missed.

1  Thank Marcelle A
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

An engaging exhibition with some excellent pieces and a mixture of information and fashion. Thought provoking and accessible for a fashion teacher and a scientist!

Reviewed yesterday

It's the V&A. Compehrensive, overwhelming with choice, quantity, and quality. Do book special exhibition tickets online, in advance. I hadn't even thought about it and we were disappointed to discover that the Frieda Kahlo exhibition was sold out. Plan on spending an entire day here. The cafeteria was good as well. Don't miss the jewels, and, strangely enough, the silver. The exhibition cards for the silver were fascinating. Very well done, Silver Department.

1  Thank springlering
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

What can I say that hasn’t been said? This museum is one of the beast I’ve ever visited. It’s been around for over 160 years and is full of priceless objects. This was our second time in London and it’s a must visit place. We spent over seven hours in here and still didn’t see everything! Best of all, the museum is free although they do accept donations. Grab a map and go explore this wonderful place.

1  Thank Aerowing
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Complete mixture of design from a variety of periods including modern day. Enjoyed it, but not somewhere I would go to twice.