Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $27.70
from $33.40
from $30.10
38,213 results
All reviews rosetta stone elgin marbles egyptian mummies ancient egypt sutton hoo amazing collection few hours free entry on display rainy day couple of hours audio guide beautiful building artifacts bm civilizations pantheon
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Definitely arrive to the museum early, just in case you get caught as hundreds arrive from tour groups (as I did). There is actually a separate line for pre-booked tickets and members though so should be faster, you just might get wedged in the foyer.

In terms of the exhibit, I thought it was fascinating! Lots of historical artefacts, clothing items, artwork, and commentary from old pieces as well as modern issues. Might give you some ideas on how to dissent!

I paid £12 for my booking but there are concessions. Membership is about £40 a year.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

So in just a few hours we were able to visit an endless string of antiquities across all of Europe and Asia. The best Egyptian collection outside of Egypt. Assyrian carvings and statues. Beautiful Greek and Roman carvings. The Rosetta Stone and a grand new Asian wing. And all this for a small donation. Don’t miss this museum.

Reviewed yesterday

This is a must see place in London. The Egyptian corner is always popular but the other sections also offer equally interesting collections. Highly recommended.

Cost - Zilch
Stuff to see loads
Awesomeness 101 of of 10
Seriously, stuff for everyone from around 4 to 100 and beyond.
Give it a go you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Sat under a big statue from Easter island. Pondered world history. Cultural diversity. Appreciation of art. Then I saw some carvings. Then I saw some kangas from east African coast. I found it a spiritual relaxing place.

Reviewed yesterday

I went there on Tuesday afternoon it's a beautiful building and the staff were extremely helpful at the museum. I seen the African and Asian exhibits as I didn't had the time to see more of it during my visit

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

If you hate bring in the middle of tourist groups of 200 with paddles/ umbrellas crowds noisy guides people not knowing how to switch off the flash on their camera... join the Museum Friends! It’s not expensive and we saw “The Assyrians” after closing time in a private group of about 20-30..., stupendous exhibition

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The collections are marvelous but leave plenty of time you can’t see it all! Egyptian collection is a must see.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I have never seen such a collection of world wide artifacts in one place. It is just amazing. When I walked up on the Rosetta Stone, I was just dumbfounded. So when I saw the mummy of Cleopatra, I was like “oh, the mummy of Cleopatra”. I do recommend to anyone spending time in London’s to go to this FREE museum ...if you like museums.

Reviewed yesterday

A great option to spend the day off. Their collection is huge and the museum don't get too crowded afternoon and the best is it's for free.