Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $30.00
from $87.10
from $27.90
38,225 results
All reviews rosetta stone elgin marbles egyptian mummies ancient egypt sutton hoo amazing collection few hours free entry on display rainy day couple of hours audio guide beautiful building artifacts bm civilizations pantheon
Reviewed today via mobile

There’s not much to say about the British Museum other than it’s a simply stunning museum. Highly recommended.

Reviewed today via mobile

Our main intention was to come and see the Rosetta Stone. The museum was rather busy for a Saturday morning however it was manageable getting around place to place. We enjoyed our time here and it can be overwhelming to see everything. We came for the highlights and walked around for 2 hours.

Reviewed today

Very interesting museum with a little bit for everyone. I really enjoyed the Egypt exhibit and was amazed to see the Rosetta Stone up close and personal. I wasn't expecting to see all the displays of treasure hoards found throughout the UK. I also really enjoyed the interactive exhibits. The staff was very knowledgeable and I liked being able to touch real history. I spent over four hours walking around and I still barely saw half. It was a busy Sunday morning so the crowds were thick but it was still worth the visit.

Reviewed today via mobile

An amazing well presented exhibition that really enthralled me (even purchased the hard back catalogue). We were there on. Saturday afternoon and expected it to be rammed, it actually was not too bad. I bought a joint membership some time ago and it really is worth while, especially if like
Us you live close by. The members tea room died great cakes too!
Do not go to the BM without a plan of what you want to see, it is too vast a collection to see in one go. Do a room a visit.

Reviewed today

We got to see the Rosetta Stone! The Egyptian part was wonderful too! This place is very big so give yourself time to tour. They have a wonderful cafe and good food too. I am vegan and has a great meal. They bring the food to you so it takes time to get served.

Reviewed today via mobile

.....amazing art, chinese, aegyptian, syrian, roman..... human history through artefacts yet much taken from other nations without consend. Stolen greek monuments, marbles.... makes you proud and ashamed for humanity at the same time.

Reviewed today via mobile

Really worth it. There is a list in Internet of 10 not to missed attractions. Make sure you see all 10. My favourite is the Greek and Egyptian sections. Make sure you arrive early to avoid long security queues to get in.

Reviewed today via mobile

The museum is really nice. It’s well organized and there is a map for 1h visit! It’s amazing! The sculptures and old objects are perfect.

Reviewed yesterday

The British Museum has a great collection of extremely valuable artefacts from all over the world.
I've spent 3 hours in there and I do not regret any minute of it.

1  Thank vittoriapreggiani
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

It is big, it is free and absolutely interesting. The Egyptian mummies are ubforgetable...I also loved the V&A museum.

1  Thank Matt M