Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $30.00
from $87.10
from $27.90
38,229 results
All reviews rosetta stone elgin marbles egyptian mummies ancient egypt sutton hoo amazing collection few hours free entry on display rainy day couple of hours audio guide beautiful building artifacts bm civilizations pantheon
Reviewed yesterday

To see the inside of the British Museum's is reason enough alone to go. But on top of the impressive architecture The British Museum also has some of the most incredible art and artifacts in the world. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I love this museum! It’s so big and has so many exhibitions to suit anyone. You could literally spend the whole day here and there’s an onsite cafe too if you did decide to stay. Definitely worth a visit on a free day.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I could spend hours in here getting lost. If you're considering visiting then don't hesitate, go! So much to see.

Reviewed yesterday

The offers advertised were not available on our lunch time. The food was good and staff did their best. The food and drink a bit expensive but saved taking your own and going outside to find food. Just hope profits go to the museums.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

There’s not much to say about the British Museum other than it’s a simply stunning museum. Highly recommended.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Our main intention was to come and see the Rosetta Stone. The museum was rather busy for a Saturday morning however it was manageable getting around place to place. We enjoyed our time here and it can be overwhelming to see everything. We came for the highlights and walked around for 2 hours.

Reviewed yesterday

Very interesting museum with a little bit for everyone. I really enjoyed the Egypt exhibit and was amazed to see the Rosetta Stone up close and personal. I wasn't expecting to see all the displays of treasure hoards found throughout the UK. I also really enjoyed the interactive exhibits. The staff was very knowledgeable and I liked being able to touch real history. I spent over four hours walking around and I still barely saw half. It was a busy Sunday morning so the crowds were thick but it was still worth the visit.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

An amazing well presented exhibition that really enthralled me (even purchased the hard back catalogue). We were there on. Saturday afternoon and expected it to be rammed, it actually was not too bad. I bought a joint membership some time ago and it really is worth while, especially if like
Us you live close by. The members tea room died great cakes too!
Do not go to the BM without a plan of what you want to see, it is too vast a collection to see in one go. Do a room a visit.

Reviewed yesterday

We got to see the Rosetta Stone! The Egyptian part was wonderful too! This place is very big so give yourself time to tour. They have a wonderful cafe and good food too. I am vegan and has a great meal. They bring the food to you so it takes time to get served.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

.....amazing art, chinese, aegyptian, syrian, roman..... human history through artefacts yet much taken from other nations without consend. Stolen greek monuments, marbles.... makes you proud and ashamed for humanity at the same time.