Book In Advance

More Info
from $58.23
More Info
4,913 results
All reviews shark tank star fish big tank different species london eye behind the scenes merlin pass glass floor couple of hours london dungeon great attraction rainy day other attractions penguins fishes seahorse talks
Reviewed 2 days ago

I had never been before so a visit was well over due. Fascinating views of some of the most colourful and dangerous sea creatures. Was surprised and delighted that they also have the Rainforest display showing poisonous frogs and other nasty things. Very educational and then the penguins in the Antarctic section was an added bonus. Only moan was the number of push chairs and buggies we had to manouvere around in some very dark places at times but I know that they are needed for families. Worth another visit with my Grandson next year.

SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded today

Dear Martin Y,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at SEA LIFE London.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed seeing the wide variety of wonderful creatures that we have at SEA LIFE London, from seeing the colourful clownfish to some creepy and weird creatures like the frogs - YIKES! Did you know that all clownfish are born male?! Pretty interesting, right?! I do apologise if you felt that the number of push-chairs affected your experience slightly. As you discussed, we're a family attraction, so we do currently allow push-chairs in, although we do appreciate any feedback given in terms of how we can look into possibly improve the overall experience. It is great to hear as well that you enjoyed learning LOBSTER cool facts, and enjoyed seeing the playful penguins like Loki at Penguin Point.

Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you both back in the future to make some more amazing discoveries! :-)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We been before but hadn’t been so a few years so expected to wizz through in 45 mins but we were in there for over 2 hours!
It’s like an neverending cave that from the outside you would quite work out how they’ve managed to fit so much inside, let alone how they got all the animals in there!
They had a Halloween event with a trail for kids to follow which was a nice touch.

There is a main shark tank which you will revisit at various points of the journey through. You then walk through each different habitat area including Antarctic and Rainforest.

I was so glad to see that the penguin area had a revamp. Last time they were cramped in a small space and it make me feel bad for paying the ticket price to facilitate such a sad existence.
Although the space is still not ideal for penguins as they are stuck inside man made conditions but it has been extended and I’m assuming they are closely monitored and protected so they won’t be there forever.

It ends with an interactive selection which can be enjoyed when not too busy. Luckily they sell tickets in time slots so there should be a constant flow of people although of course some parts are busier than other.

I will say if it’s too busy when you first get down to the shark bit, keep walking through as it leads to the other side of the tank which isn’t as busy because people don’t realise they can see it all again.

Oh and there is also a small hands on experience where you can touch a starfish :-)

We had a 2 for 1 voucher so it really was well worth it!

One more thing- I really liked the display they put on to explain about the sewers of London and other informative displays on plastic and other environmental projects- let’s hope people take note of how they contribute to world problems!

Dear xzoecx,

WOWSERS! Thank you for your FINtastic feedback regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London!

I am very pleased to hear that you all enjoyed making some amazing discoveries during your visit, and that you felt that there was so much to explore, from going into the depths of Rainforest Adventure to seeing some playful penguins like Max and Juno at Penguin Point! That's crabulous to hear! It is great to hear as well that you enjoyed the Ascarium event, particularly the treasure trail for the younger explorers to help our Mer-witch Zara cast her magical spell! Spooktacular, eh!

We welcome any feedback regarding the enclosure at Penguin Point. Please be rest assured that the enclosure has been designed in consultation with professional animal keepers and independent vets, and as you discussed, these wonderful creatures are well looked after by our dedicated team! We love these creatures as much as you do!

It's a-RAY-zing to hear that you had a jelly ol' great time at Ocean Invaders area where you entered the exciting world of jellyfish! It's JAWsome to hear as well that you enjoyed touching a starfish as well at Rockpool. Did you know that starfish have no blood, and they therefore get the oxygen from the water around them?! EEL-ley interesting, right?!

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback as well regarding our conservation messages. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed learning LOBSTER cool facts on how we can help the world around us. We're with you as well that we hope that our explorers come away learning about how they can help the world around us!

Thank you once again for your review, and we hope that you will all swim by again in the future! :-)

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Not sure why you book a time as found out that everyone in front of us where for times 30 minutes after our so called slot. Raised question with staff member who just said it was busy......so got in 30 mins late which had a big knock on for the rest of our day.

Very overcrowded in particular near shark tank (which you get to see lots of times after first opportunity). They had a Halloween event on which was a very nice touch but next to shark tank which resulted in dangerous overcrowdeding with no one wanting to move.

My son was getting pushed around in the scrum....so I fought our way out.

Penguin addition fab......but don't come back until they sort booking times and manage the number of people going through in a safe way.

Sorry LA.....great potential spoilt.

SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Surrey_family67,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent experience at SEA LIFE London.

I am sorry to read from your review that you felt disappointed in the queue management on this occasion. Each ticket is time-allocated in order to monitor the amount of explorers that we have in the aquarium at any one time. Please be rest assured that our SEA LIFE Rangers (staff) do check time-slot tickets to ensure that each explorer is in the appropriate time-slot, although we do appreciate any feedback given in terms of how we can look to improve the overall experience. We will pass your feedback onto the relevant department. If an explorer does turn-up late, they would usually be put into the next available time-slot.

I do apologise if you felt that the number of explorers affected your experience. During certain time periods of the year, such as the holidays, we do usually have a higher explorer volume. Please be rest assured though that we do limit the number of explorers who enter the aquarium at any one time. I am pleased to read from your feedback that you enjoyed Ascarium and seeing the playful penguins like Juno and Max. Did you know that the Gentoo penguins that we have are the third largest species of penguin in the world after the Emperor and King species of penguin?! WOWSERS!

If you would like to discuss your feedback, please do contact us directly at sllondon@merlinentertainments.biz.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Pretty fine aquarium in the historical centre. There are talks and some stations where you even can touch sea creatures

Dear Rolshchikov-Dmitry,

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thank you for your FINtastic feedback regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London!

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed making some amazing discoveries during your visit, particularly learning LOBSTER cool facts from our SEA LIFE Rangers to being able to touch some shells at the stations. Did you know that there are over 2,000 known species of starfish?! Pretty cool, right?!

Thank you once again for your crabulous review, and we hope that you'll swim by again in the future! :-)

Reviewed 3 days ago

I was last week in London and many friends recommended me the Sea Life London Aquarium - but to be honest it was really boring and disappointed. The Sea life dont have so many animals and it was so crowded that it was barley possible to see something...

Dear petra21270,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London.

I am sorry to read that you felt that your recent experience in the attraction did not live up to your full expectations on this occasion. We do strive to have a variety of wonderful creatures to see and learn about, from a-RAY-zing creatures like graceful rays to creatures that you usually find on land like giant Goliath bird eating tarantulas - YIKES! Did you know that these creatures can sense you're coming by feeling the vibrations on the ground?! Better watch out, eh! I do apologise if you felt that the number of explorers affected your experience slightly. We do sometimes have a higher explorer volume on certain days, such as the holiday, although please be rest assured that we do limit the number of explorers who enter the aquarium at any one time.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I get that these places have to cater for families but frankly that includes adults too. Having paid £27 each for tickets my husband and I were disappointed by the lack of sea creatures displayed as a result of so many games and toys for kids.

Quite a small venue with only 1 large tank. Penguins and turtles were good attractions but generally the place was pretty disappointing. Would not recommend spending your money on it unless you have small children in which case I’m sure it’s great.

SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear spoon516,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit to SEA LIFE London.

I am sorry to hear that you felt that your recent visit did not live up to your full expectations on this occasion. We do try to cater to adult explorers as well, such as talks that happen throughout the day from our SEA LIFE Rangers where you get the chance to learn more about our amazing creatures. We also offer Behind the Scenes (subject to availability and an additional charge) where you can go round an area and see some a-RAY-zing creatures that are not part of our usual display, and learn more about them as well from the tour guide.

I am sorry to read if you felt that there wasn't enough variety of wonderful creatures. In addition to the JAWsome sharks, playful penguins and pretty awesome turtles, we also have some other amazing creatures to see, from weird and wonderful jellyfish to slithering snakes in Rainforest Adventure - YIKES! Did you know that we also have leaf cutter ants in Rainforest Adventure that have their own little society. Some are nurses whereas some are gardeners?! Pretty cool, right?!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Some of the attractions here were very boring. The best things were the penguins, sharks and jellyfish. It was quite busy so it’s hard to get a look in. Great place for families with kids though but not so much couples.

Dear Amyjane97,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed seeing the playful penguins, sharks with razor sharp teeth, and the pretty cool jellyfish, although I do apologise if you felt that the experience wasn't suitable for couples. There are some pretty cool things that couples can do whilst at the attraction, from going on a Behind the Scenes Tour (subject to availability and an additional charge) to learn more about some a-RAY-zing creatures not part of our usual display to seeing and listening to talks from our SEA LIFE Rangers to learn more about our wonderful creatures. The braver adult explorers also love getting up and close with creatures like cockroaches in Rainforest Adventure - YIKES!! There's also some pretty interesting information as well about our wonderful creatures that you can read on screens throughout the attraction. I do apologise if you felt that the number of explorers affected your experience. On certain days, we do have a higher explorer volume than usual, although please be rest assured that we do limit the number of explorers who enter the aquarium at any one time.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

I bought my girlfriend and I tickets to go here for around £45 in total. We spent about 20mins in here..
There is a good variety of species in here don’t get me wrong but you can get very confused walking around without a map which was hard to get a hold of.
The big ocean tunnel as advertised is about as long as my bath, wasted.
The penguin point is a nice touch and probably the only nice part of the place.

Overall, not that big and way overpriced. Might be worth taking little ones though if interested but I wouldn’t return.

1  Thank rugiada2949

Dear rugiada2949,

I am pleased to hear that you and your girlfriend enjoyed seeing the wide variety of wonderful creatures that we have, although I do apologise if you felt that certain aspects of your visit did not live up to your expectations on this occasion, such as the length of the Ocean Tunnel. We do have some a-RAY-zing creatures that you can see above you over the Ocean Tunnel, from Boris and Phoenix our Green Sea Turtles to graceful rays. We also strive to make the attraction bigger, more exciting and value for money through introducing new and FINtastic opportunities to get close with a variety of wonderful creatures, such as opening Ocean Invaders last year where our explorers can enter the exciting world of jellyfish! I am sorry to hear of any confusion caused with regards to going round the attraction. We're a one way attraction, and do have a signage to inform our explorers on where to go. Our SEA LIFE Rangers are also there just in case any explorer gets lost! We're a bit surprised that it took you both about 20 minutes - that's pretty quick! We've got some amazing creatures to see and information to view as well about them, as well as some a-RAY-zing talks that happen throughout the day from our SEA LIFE Rangers to know more about our wonderful creatures. Did you know, for example, that some penguins come from hot climates close to the equator?! WOWSERS! I am pleased to hear that you both enjoyed seeing the penguins at Penguin Point like Max and Juno!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a good time with our 1 year old son. I was disappointed in what you get for what is charged! It was £27 each adult which we thought was steep when you compare to other Merlin attractions with added the little extras. Areas need updating as it's a bit scruffy. It's not a very long experience with a 1 year old, saying that our little one enjoyed it for the hour we were there. But personally would pay 15- 20 per adult.

SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Alexandra C,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed making some a-RAY-zing discoveries overall, although I do apologise if you felt that the attraction pricing did not match the experience once inside. We do strive to make the attraction bigger, more exciting, and value for money through introducing new opportunities to get up and close with a wide variety of wonderful creatures, such as opening Rainforest Adventure this year where explorers can see creatures from slithering snakes to crocodiles! Did you know that the cuban crocodile, unlike us mammals, isn't able to maintain warm blood temperature internally, and instead relies on light?! EEL-ley interesting, right?! I am sorry to hear if you felt that the experience was not long enough. We do usually advise that it takes around 90 minutes to go round the attraction fully. It is great to hear that your little one particularly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

With 2 young children the variety to look at at the London aquarium was amazing but we just couldn’t get close enough to enjoy it because of the sheer amount of people in there at one time. Our youngest is 2 and getting her anywhere near close to see the penguins or the big tanks wasn’t possible. We did go on a Sunday which may have been why is was so busy so maybe a week day would be a better time to go! It is quite pricey, under 2’s go for free so that was a bonus. I would recommend it, I just suggest to pick a time when it wouldn’t be so full. Also wouldn’t suggest taking a buggy, it proved very difficult getting round the crowds with one and a lot of tourists have cases and luggage to manoeuvre around.

1  Thank alex l
SLLAquarium, Guest Relations Manager at SEA LIFE London Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear alex l,

I am pleased to hear that you all enjoyed making some amazing discoveries during your visit, although I do apologise if you felt that the number of explorers affected your experience slightly. As discussed in your review, we do usually have a higher explorer volume on certain days like the weekend, although please be rest assured that we do limit the number of explorers who enter the aquarium at any one time through time-allocating most of our ticket packages. I do apologise if you felt that the attraction ticket pricing was slightly expensive. We do strive to make the attraction bigger, more exciting, and value for money through introducing opportunities to get up and close with some a-RAY-zing creatures, like slithering snakes in Rainforest Adventure! We do currently allow pram-users into the attraction, although we do appreciate any feedback given in terms of how we can look into improving the overall experience.

If you would like to discuss your feedback, you are more than welcome to get in touch with us directly at sllondon@merlinentertainments.biz