“Good fun but FAR too crowded”

Sea Life London Aquarium
Ranked #243 of 1,615 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Let your imagination soar as you explore the wonderful riches of underwater life, from the beautiful coral reefs of the Indian Ocean to the dark, mysterious depths of the Atlantic and Pacific.
Rochester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good fun but FAR too crowded”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We went after 3pm on a Saturday in the school holidays. Very very crowded. They really should restrict the number of people or at least not let so many people in at once. We queued most of the way round and stood sometimes four people back from the glass and struggled to see. Very few toilets or "pit stops" - I had to breast feed my baby sitting on a ledge next to a tank of sharks with about 100 people watching :( but the kids loved it and its pretty good value if you go after 3pm. Good fun.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Disappointing and expensive for not a lot of fun”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Took kids there at 9.30 am on a Saturday. No queue and straight in. Used Tesco tokens so was free. I would no way of paid the sixty odd quid it was for a family ticket. Especially as it took us about an hour and a quarter to get round and that wasn't rushing. Maybe it was we weren't held up as it was so quiet.
Upon going in you do the mandatory photo opportunity for them to fleece you at the end. No idea how much as I didn't bother with it.
Lots of tanks with loads of wildlife and facts to read about. Absolutely nothing interactive for the kids to do. It did have feeding times for the animals but you'd have to spend hours in there to see them all.
If the idea of looking in to large fish tanks for an hour plus, stay away. I'm glad I didn't pay for my tickets. As with most of London, its more of less aimed at ripping off unsuspecting gullible tourists, like most Merlin associated attractions are. It filled about an hour of my day but I have better things to spend £60 on (had I paid).

Mississauga, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

First thing. Plan your attractions in advance and lump them together for payment , several pounds can be saved this way. Sealife can be combined with a number of others. As for the attraction, it was a very pleasant walk about. The open pools of rays and other fish was a particular favourite. We spent a bit of time having the rays chase our fingers. If you catch a feeding time (pun intended) for any of the animals it's quite interesting and the keepers are friendly and informative. Also, don't let a big queue to get in deter you, they facilitate this very well. It was very smooth and fast .

Gretna Green, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Visited for the kids.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We came here on a whim (me husband and the kids), suggested by the workers at the caravan site we were staying at, it was also near the London eye. Although the tickets to enter the aquarium and a ride on the eye were way too expensive to even go for at the time, we decided just the aquarium ticket for now. We entered, the kids got in for free, Great, no extra cost, entered, saw some interesting things, sadly, there were no 'flash' photography allowed, as my camera couldn't take a good photo without the flash, I couldn't get any photo memories of the visit. The kids loved all the sights, but there weren't enough toilets about, as my daughter needed the loo, and there was someone in needing to feed there new born in private, my husband had to take her out of the aquarium to somewhere where there was an available baby changing area.
The souvenir pictures were a bit pricey, so we didn't even consider it, there shop didn't have much interesting things to have as souvenirs, but it was also a bit pricey, we choose some things, only 1 per person, would have loved all the sets of glasses with the novelty sea life on the base, but I could only afford 1 for myself.
Would I come back, I'll have to save up first!

Visited September 2012
Dover, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“loads to see”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went in summer holidays so long queue and very busy, but plenty to see, we really enjoyed it, lots of variety, would go again out of season.